Heating

naterman93

Im having trouble heating my cage. I have the screameleons beginner setup, and I just can't get it hot enough. Any suggestions?

Try a higher wattage bulb. I use a 75w in my big cage. Just monitor the temps and make sure its not too hot

If it is their smaller cage setup the 60 watt should make it plenty hot enough. What are your room temps and what is the basking spot coming up to?

When you take the measurement is it at the basking branch, or where the top of the chameleons back is? Sometimes the 4 or 5 inches makes all the difference in the world

these temps are fine? I thought it had to be a little warmer?

depends on what chameleon you have

i think thats perfect for a panther, and even a veiled if its a baby/juvinile, but for my adults i keep the basking around 90-93F 95 max is all i would go personally

i could be wrong, but i think thats supposed to be the perfect temp for a panther. i own veiled, and know how to care for jacksons, but havent owned a panther so im just going off of memory of posts

hey naterman...for your age panther that temp is actully on the hot side...try to lower it down to about 85 or so...thats perfect for juvanile panthers like yours....for adults it can go even lower....but keep it below 90 and above 80.

Back
Top Bottom