Heating

Jd♂️♂️

Established Member
I have a panther Chameleon an I can’t get my temps right I have a 60 watt from lowes it exactly 9 inches from screen to branch an my temp’s are 102 an iam afraid if use the dimmer it will help the temp change but will the Cham see the light if it dimmed?

You can use a smaller wattage to drop the temperature. If you want more light without heat, you can use add a plain white fluorescent tube light.

Maybe this will help you with temperatures...
https://seasonsyear.com/Madagascar

Why are you saying you "need heat" then?
Using a 40 watt household incandescent bulb and a fluorescent white regular tube light that doesn't produce hear should work.

Of course you'll still use your UVB long linear tube light too.

Must have been a lot of trial and error dealing with chameleons in the 90’s..
After how many years did you consider yourself an expert?🤔
@Sonny13 is right...my response is ..."I´m have never considered myself an expert and I´m still in a learning process".

Regarding trial and error...in the 80's, when I had my first chameleon, there was a lot of trial and error combined with luck. Sometimes I got things "right" by accident! My first chameleon survived for a year or so...but it was a WC adult and it could have been older already. The second one lived longer and was a WC adult as well. I still had hits and misses after that...some because I lacked knowledge and some because the chameleons were all WC and many arrived in very poor condition. Luckily I found a good vet and he and I learned a lot together. He was the one responsible for the studies/papers on CANV and other chameleon issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom