Heating!! Help, which bulb?

Hi there. So an adult male veiled should be between 90-95 at basking. So if you are testing the temp at the branch that he sits on and it is showing 88 on the branch then it is going to be about 90ish where his back hits and 92 ish where his casque hit even closer to the heat. So I would go with the 100 watt. But bulb type does make a difference having a spot heat bulb can be hotter so you have to be careful with how close he can get to the bulb. Laser heat guns are helpful when trying to figure out the right temps as well. Paying attention to signs of him gaping when basking is a tell tell sign that it is too hot as well.

Hi there. So an adult male veiled should be between 90-95 at basking. So if you are testing the temp at the branch that he sits on and it is showing 88 on the branch then it is going to be about 90ish where his back hits and 92 ish where his casque hit even closer to the heat. So I would go with the 100 watt. But bulb type does make a difference having a spot heat bulb can be hotter so you have to be careful with how close he can get to the bulb. Laser heat guns are helpful when trying to figure out the right temps as well. Paying attention to signs of him gaping when basking is a tell tell sign that it is too hot as well.
Is there a way to hang a basking lamp on his screen cage?

If you are just looking to use it as a basking bulb any name brand incandescent bulb will work and last the pet store blue bulbs don't last long in my experience.

My Jacksons is in an enclosure that's in a room that stays a static cool so I got the 150w bulb. But for 20 bucks, this combo has worked well.

Back
Top Bottom