Heat dome

chamnoodle

I may be worried over nothing, but just so I can be sure, will a MINI deep dome heat lamp with 75w work for a 2x2x4 screen cage?

Last edited:
Okay so from what I have learned, you can use pretty much any light bulb over 45 w but you want to check the temps in the cage because that’s what really matters. What is the temp at her basking branch?

If you post a pic that would help
I actually JUST now got this cage today and had set some of it up, I am just waiting for a new UVB hood that should be here tomorrow so I haven't transported him to the bigger cage yet so I am not sure what the temp is. Thats good to know that what I have may work though. Once I have everything together I will monitor the temperature to see if that works out ok.

H
I actually JUST now got this cage today and had set some of it up, I am just waiting for a new UVB hood that should be here tomorrow so I haven't transported him to the bigger cage yet so I am not sure what the temp is. Thats good to know that what I have may work though. Once I have everything together I will monitor the temperature to see if that works out ok.
How are you reading the temps and humidity? If the heat bulb you have is too hot you can suspend it over the cage so it hangs and you can adjust it to the right temp that’s what I did.

H

How are you reading the temps and humidity? If the heat bulb you have is too hot you can suspend it over the cage so it hangs and you can adjust it to the right temp that’s what I did.
I have a thermometer and hygrometer to monitor it. And thank you for the suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom