Healthy?

Mountain Dragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Is my chameleon (yoshi) look healthy? He eats amazing and poop is perfect! Just checking in. If ya need photos of cage I can do that. He hates camera 😂. He is perfectly fine nothing wrong with him at all does everything a Cham would and I don’t handle him much only like 1 time in two weeks

Attachments

• 0192743B-15C2-4D1C-A7AF-EE7FEDCE8563.jpeg
    0192743B-15C2-4D1C-A7AF-EE7FEDCE8563.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 0B77C8ED-F920-4693-B804-1AEBCE325921.jpeg
    0B77C8ED-F920-4693-B804-1AEBCE325921.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 93
  • 531714FA-9963-4EFC-B148-08A97452D4ED.jpeg
    531714FA-9963-4EFC-B148-08A97452D4ED.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 89
He looks good minus being super stressed out in those pics. Have you had your husbandry reviewed yet?
Yea I have if u want me to fill it out again I can. It’s wierd he’s normal colors on me on the special occasion I handle but right when I bring the camera out he puffs turns bright and dark with dots and opens hisses and karate arms. I’m probably gonna stop taking photos till he’s older maybe

Looks good and with lots of attitude.. Love it!

Does he have a brother named "Avocado 🥑"? Just kidding!
😂 thanks! I hate the name yoshi but bc chameleons are so expensive I split the cost and ownership of him with them 4 siblings so they out voted me for Yoshi as a name even tho I’m the only one who takes care of him 😂 I wanted Zeus or Poseidon or some others but avocado is one of the best names I’ve heard

The green color is like "BOOM". Zeus and Poseidon are always powerful. Avocado might not be good, since he will look totally different in a few months. Maybe if it was a she.. Great shots to remember "Yoshi:LOL:" by.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species-veiled , male, age- estimated 4 months . How long has it been in your care- month and half
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon- once every two week
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham- bsfl,crickets,waxworms (waxworms are treat) and I want to feed hornworms soon.What amount- 9crikets everyday or 5crikets and five bsfl What is the schedule- feed an hour after wake up How are you gut-loading your feeders- just the usual greens that everyone recommends
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule- every day besides Sunday I do calcium without d3(Fluker) Sunday’s I switch off between calcium w d3 (fluckers) and a multi vitamin (repasy)
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use- dripper and mist.How often and how long to you mist- 3-4 minutes before lights turn on and 3-4 minutes after lights off and 2 minutes in random night Do you see your chameleon drinking-yes
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites- no parissite check I will soon- and white urates and brown poop
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Nothing really ummm just a 13 year old reptile liver taking care of a camera hater

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? I’m going to make a 5ft tall four foot wide and two feet deep cage really soon but Rn I have a 30 inch by 30 inch by 15 inch all screen
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using- just Fluker ceramic lamp with a regular heat bulb from Lowe’s not reptile one and uvb is zoomed t5ho linear I’m looking to get at acidia 6 when new cage What is your daily lighting schedule- 7 am to 7pm
  • Temperature - What temp range have you create- basking is 82 cold side is 74and mostly everywhere else is 76 (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp- usually 65 How do you measure these temps throbe Digital meter
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels- 45% in day 66% night How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity just regular temp and humidity thing not throbe but will get Grovee in a week
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind- just money tree saving for golden pothos and hibiscus and wandering Jew I have a few fake plants but In two week removing and adding the plants listed bc I have almost enough saved
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?- about 4ft above ground low traffic area my room no fans
  • Location - Where are you geographically located-

• Thanks a bunch for reading

The green color is like "BOOM". Zeus and Poseidon are always powerful. Avocado might not be good, since he will look totally different in a few months. Maybe if it was a she.. Great shots to remember "Yoshi:LOL:" by.
😂 yup good thinking on avocado 🥑 😆 I nicknamed him something else bc I hate the name yoshi I call him Cham and yosh yosh lol

I know fake plants are bad and I’m sorry but I’m working on it as best as I can to get more plants

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 71
It’s wierd he’s normal colors on me on the special occasion I handle but right when I bring the camera out he puffs turns bright and dark with dots and opens hisses and karate arms. I’m probably gonna stop taking photos till he’s older maybe
It's the lens. He may see it as the (giant?) eye of a predator and freak out. You could try creating a blind of sorts; something the camera can see through, but the chameleon can't see the lens. Either that or otherwise desensitize him to its presence—slowly and over time.

I only have 4 fake plants 🪴
That's 4 too many. :)

It's the lens. He may see it as the (giant?) eye of a predator and freak out. You could try creating a blind of sorts; something the camera can see through, but the chameleon can't see the lens. Either that or otherwise desensitize him to its presence—slowly and over time.

That's 4 too many. :)
Okay thankyou I just removed two and put them on the outside but I would like to keep them till the other real plants

Yea I have if u want me to fill it out again I can. It’s wierd he’s normal colors on me on the special occasion I handle but right when I bring the camera out he puffs turns bright and dark with dots and opens hisses and karate arms. I’m probably gonna stop taking photos till he’s older maybe
All of mine hate the camera with a passion. I don’t know what it is.

Husbandry is fine... only thing is the supplements... What repashy are you using? You could be giving too much calcium with D3.

He looks great. He has beautiful fired up colors already. Should have some exceptional colors as an adult.

I have a few comments and questions:
  • What multivitamin do you use? The Repashy plain multivitamin has way too high of Vit. A levels to use for chams, and the other multivitamins have D3 in them.
  • What strength of UVB bulb do you have, and how far away is it from his basking branch? His UVB bulb should be as long as his cage, so get a 4’ one to use. It can go diagonally over his current cage and straight across his new cage once it’s built
  • His basking could be a little colder at 80*F (measured with a digital thermometer with a probe, with the probe placed where the top of his back is when he’s on his basking branch)
  • Humidity should be 30-50% during the day, the lower end of that range is better. With your night temps, the humidity levels at night can go up to 100%
  • He needs veiled-tested live plants way sooner than later. A vet bill is much more expensive than some plants. Could you ask your parents to help out with that?

Husbandry is fine... only thing is the supplements... What repashy are you using? You could be giving too much calcium with D3.

He looks great. He has beautiful fired up colors already. Should have some exceptional colors as an adult.
It’s repashy superfoods calcium plus do I need to change if so I will imdeitly my dad said earlier this month since I am so invested in Yoshi he will buy the crickets and supplements when every I need

I have a few comments and questions:
  • What multivitamin do you use? The Repashy plain multivitamin has way too high of Vit. A levels to use for chams, and the other multivitamins have D3 in them.
  • What strength of UVB bulb do you have, and how far away is it from his basking branch? His UVB bulb should be as long as his cage, so get a 4’ one to use. It can go diagonally over his current cage and straight across his new cage once it’s built
  • His basking could be a little colder at 80*F (measured with a digital thermometer with a probe, with the probe placed where the top of his back is when he’s on his basking branch)
  • Humidity should be 30-50% during the day, the lower end of that range is better. With your night temps, the humidity levels at night can go up to 100%
  • He needs veiled-tested live plants way sooner than later. A vet bill is much more expensive than some plants. Could you ask your parents to help out with that?
I will answer these asap

It’s repashy superfoods calcium plus do I need to change if so I will imdeitly my dad said earlier this month since I am so invested in Yoshi he will buy the crickets and supplements when every I need
Okay, so you want to get the Repashy Calcium Plus LoD and use that once every two weeks as your multivitamin and D3.

Back
Top Bottom