Healthfulness?

I am getting the 24"x24"x48" ReptiBreeze. While I believe the glass terrarium is well enough, id rather be more calm and know she isn't getting a respiratory thing or something. PS my dad ordered me the big dripper system and my mom ordered 500 crickets. All of my money from working forever, gone. Plus $8 of my Christmas money. Do you think Petsitting would be a good idea while the owners are off on their holiday? I could just like feed the dogs and walk them or whatever, and care for the reptiles and small animals. I dunno. Whatever it takes to get $50 more towards that ReptiBreeze.

FYI look up how to keep crickets and have a BIG space for them, they will kill each other pr smother each other. Having 500 on hand seems a bit much, I buy 100 at a time and it lasts 2 weeks and about 1/3rd die. They are cheap by me but just some forwarning research how to gutload properly not just shitty fluker cubes and how to keep them alive for a long time...500 will last a while.

Still have not seen any pics of the toe that you said you would put up. That is what your main concern should be right now. If she is gravid (which most of the members here have established that she more than likely isn't) then she will naturally know what to do. If there is something wrong with her foot then she should be seen by a Vet asap. Waiting this long would be cruel and stupid should something be wrong. As for getting another cham down the road, just don't.

FYI look up how to keep crickets and have a BIG space for them, they will kill each other pr smother each other. Having 500 on hand seems a bit much, I buy 100 at a time and it lasts 2 weeks and about 1/3rd die. They are cheap by me but just some forwarning research how to gutload properly not just shitty fluker cubes and how to keep them alive for a long time...500 will last a while.
By my plannings around 7-9 weeks. I have researched it, and isn't it easy just to put an orange or something in there (that's what I did sooooo....) While it pains me, I have two empty cages, both of which will be necessary to house all those crickets. One of those is the one that recently became vacant (RIP Leo), and while I acted like it wasn't much of a bother because he was a sickly old lizard, I was mourning for 3 hours while I dug a 2' deep hole with a tiny trowel. The vines had barbed thorns and there were nine accidents. Gonna miss ya buddy.

Still have not seen any pics of the toe that you said you would put up. That is what your main concern should be right now. If she is gravid (which most of the members here have established that she more than likely isn't) then she will naturally know what to do. If there is something wrong with her foot then she should be seen by a Vet asap. Waiting this long would be cruel and stupid should something be wrong. As for getting another cham down the road, just don't.
I will only get another chameleon when I have had her for a year or two and I have proven to myself I can care for them as well as I tell myself I can. And I'm really really sorry I forgot again I will post it in 6 hours when I wake up. I get the most focused shot but you always say it's blurry..... Then again this thing doesn't have the worlds best camera. But yeah, I'll get that foot picture for ya.

I will only get another chameleon when I have had her for a year or two and I have proven to myself I can care for them as well as I tell myself I can. And I'm really really sorry I forgot again I will post it in 6 hours when I wake up. I get the most focused shot but you always say it's blurry..... Then again this thing doesn't have the worlds best camera. But yeah, I'll get that foot picture for ya.
Also I don't know who told me to reread the care sheet for veileds I did. Thought I'd put that out there. I screenshotted the important stuff (that I need to remember)

Also I don't know who told me to reread the care sheet for veileds I did. Thought I'd put that out there. I screenshotted the important stuff (that I need to remember)
Also I was worried that the browned scales/spikes on the top of her spine were something bad, but Sheac's Cham has the same thing. So either I'm good or we're both wrong...personally I'm pretty sure I'm good.

I hope for her sake that nothing is wrong. This should have been solved days ago.

Please look up proper gutloading...an orange isnt going to keep 500 crickets happy or alive very long and will do next to nothing as far as enhancing them for cham...instead of posting read, and read and read more. Every little subject, dont mean to sound like a dick but research more. Since your parents despise vets and you want a fighting chance at keeping from having to go to one, that means the best care for the cham. You cant learn too much, so from caring for feeders, to being able to mate chams (not that you should just giving you an analogy of the extremes) read everything in between. Your cham will thank you, and we all wont bash you so much for silly remarks and comments

I hope so too, and if something is wrong I will demand my mom takes me to the vet that day. Tired of my reptiles dying of her stubbornness.
(As its been pointed out, I seem to have inherited this from her.) I was actually going to get a Rudis chameleon (trioceros sternfeldi) and was completely surprised with Chiche. But hey, what can ya do? Can't exactly give her back now. Also, if I were to get another it would be a small one, such as the Jax or, as I was planning, a Rudis. Before, however, I would like to ensure I know what I'm getting myself into. Maybe I should start a cricket farm lol.

Please look up proper gutloading...an orange isnt going to keep 500 crickets happy or alive vwry long and will do next to nothing as far as enhancing them for cham...instead of posting read, and read and read more. Every little subject, dont meam to sound like a dick but research more. Since your parents despise vets and you want a fighting chance at keeping from having to go to one, that means the best care for the cham. You cant learn too much, so from caring for feeders, to being able to mate chams (not that you should just giving you an anology of the extremes) read everything in between. Your cham will thank you, and we all wont bash you so much for silly remarks and comments
Fair enough. And you weren't really being a dick, atleast not from my perception. I've heard it before. That orange was for 30 crickets, and only 17 remain.

Fair enough. And you weren't really being a dick, atleast not from my perception. I've heard it before. That orange was for 30 crickets, and only 17 remain.
Ok so I looked, oranges were reccomended and so were other fruits and veggies like potatoes carrots and for some reason bee pollen...?

Ok so I looked, oranges were reccomended and so were other fruits and veggies like potatoes carrots and for some reason bee pollen...?
He wasn't saying stop oranges, but rather you shouldn't rely ONLY on oranges. Mix it up with greens, sweet potatoes, and yes bee pollen or cricket crack, things like that. These things are recommended because they're tried and true.

How long is this going to be allowed to continue...? This has been going on for weeks. It's nonsense flooding the forums.
Ignoring that negativity.
Here are those pics you guys wanted
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

looking at those pics, I can't see any swelling. But has she only 3 legs?
Really don't want to sound harsh or cruel, but I'm not sure you should keep any more animals, and certainly don't start your own pet sitting service. If your parents aren't willing to get a sick animal to a vet, they shouldn't be buying you any! And maybe, just maybe, you can learn to listen and take the fab advice these members give you to help you NOT to have to visit a vet. Prevention is far better than cure.
Like I said, read,read and read some more. Don't just take a snippet that suits you, chams need specific care to their specific needs. Proper gutloading of feeders, proper supplements. It's all got to be spot on. Never mind calcium if you remember, it has to be spot on. Otherwise, there's another animal not getting to a vet.
Kath

Well that's 500 dead crickets. :rolleyes:

That will be 500 more with a side of confirmation bias, please.
Yeah well. It wasn't my idea. As was everything else for the past month, the 500 crickets were her idea. Also if you could kindly stop pretending you have any idea about what I can do and take care of, that would be wonderful. Obviously she has 4 legs by the way. Thanks for satisfying my worries about the swollen toes. And I don't ignore people, only looking for "the snippets that suit me." Well I listen to everyone, I just don't always respond. I agree prevention is better, which is why I post frequently inquiring about her health, I didn't intend to sit here and babble with people insistent upon something where all they know is that a leopard gecko died and the owner's parents are too stubborn and cheap to go to the vet. Also I don't see why I can't start a pet sitting business, especially considering you don't know how much I know about what kind of pet and for that matter why should you care? I've cared for all my pets well enough, discluding the ones from 5 years ago when I didn't know what i was doing, and I've pet-sat before. I was simply stating I was going to, if you have a logical reason on as of why I shouldn't petsit with logical evidence is love to hear it. Since there isn't one, however, I'd like to get back to the actual title.... HEALTHFULNESS. She seems kinda skinny but not like "ugh I've been inh the desert for a week and am dying of thirst and hunger," more like "I didn't eat a meal over the weekend and I'm hungry, though I had a bunch of granola bars."

Back
Top Bottom