Healthfulness?

In a year or so, if Chiche does well, I might get another chameleon. Maybe, like I wanted to, a Jackson's. That would be fun. Of course, I'd research more, but it would be fun and maybe then people would stop bickering at me. Oh, and I've made several threads in "such a short time" because I'm anxious and worried about a chameleon who I thought was a male until a week ago. Thanks though.

And as many have pointed out, I did research, yes. But mostly on Rudis chameleons actually, or Jackson's, Senegal, you name it. I wasn't expecting a veiled. Also I don't like google searching and I hold you in higher esteem than most of the sites Google pulls up.

If you've done actual research, you would know that google search will 90% of the time, bring you back to this forum. Do you truly believe that you're the first person to ask " I know it's supposed to be 36" tall but if I get a 48" is that ok?". All of your questions have been asked countless times before, but that's not the case here. You actually have members on here who are still willing to help you, and you still choose to ignore their advice with your "selective reading". Kinyonga has mentioned twice now about the possibility of swollen toes, yet you would rather argue about how your chameleon waits for you and what other chameleons you'll get in the future.

You keep crying wolf, when one finally shows up you should be smart enough to get rid of him yourself, as nobody will listen anymore!

I think maybe the issue is you're not being very clear on what the actual 'issue' is?
Does she look healthy, as pointed out but ignored, swollen toes. Not just ignored, but swiftly onto is she gravid? When pointed out you'd ignored the first bit, the toes, you then say 'let's get back to what I needed help with' and mention the height of something? When the original question was 'does she look healthy?' Again.... SWOLLEN TOES!
Use the search function in here, read the care sheets and read them again. And chill!
Kath.

You keep crying wolf, when one finally shows up you should be smart enough to get rid of him yourself, as nobody will listen anymore!

I've already stopped bothering with his threads. I do find it funny as hell that the majority of the other senior members will not bother anymore as well

Holy hell kid. Please stop getting animals.

Kids can get animals, but they have to be responsible. Most kids when they have pets they die because they don't take the right care for them and they "forget" to turn on and off their lights. I'm 13 and I have had my chameleon for 10 months now and nothing wrong has happened.

Kids can get animals, but they have to be responsible. Most kids when they have pets they die because they don't take the right care for them and they "forget" to turn on and off their lights. I'm 13 and I have had my chameleon for 10 months now and nothing wrong has happened.
That wasn't the point. If you have been following previous threads made by Nicky you would know

That's fantastic, this has absolutely nothing to do with is age. I've seen some wonderful younger cham owners around here. This one is not one of them. He is defiant, rude and genuinely doing his other pets harm. I'd lump his recent commentary on his leopard gecko in to the animal abuse category, so as a group most of us fear for this little cham. Please look in to the history before taking offense to comments here.

That's fantastic, this has absolutely nothing to do with is age. I've seen some wonderful younger cham owners around here. This one is not one of them. He is defiant, rude and genuinely doing his other pets harm. I'd lump his recent commentary on his leopard gecko in to the animal abuse category, so as a group most of us fear for this little cham. Please look in to the history before taking offense to comments here.

Okay. I'll be sure to take a closer look next time.

that's why I'm 63 and bought a timer for $6.00 at the hardware store so my lights come on and turn off the same time everyday!

Automatics help.

Automatics help.
I didn't "skip over" the swollen toe things. And as for the defiant and rude bit, sorry I'm naturally defiant but how was I rude? Also someone was getting a waterfall for their 2 month old veiled chameleon male and the petsmart person was about as educated on chameleons as a pebble. I helped them out and I know it wasn't much but a victory all the same.... Also o didn't skip over the swollen toes thing. I'm writing this trying very hard to not be rude because apparently I'm offensive, defiant, and rude. My parents won't take me. How could you tell they were swollen anyway? I'll get a close up pic when I get back from school of her feet. Also....haters gonna hate. Just want you guys to know that if you give me advice I'll use it. If you don't and decide that I ignore your advice, well that's your problem not mine.

I didn't "skip over" the swollen toe things. And as for the defiant and rude bit, sorry I'm naturally defiant but how was I rude? Also someone was getting a waterfall for their 2 month old veiled chameleon male and the petsmart person was about as educated on chameleons as a pebble. I helped them out and I know it wasn't much but a victory all the same.... Also o didn't skip over the swollen toes thing. I'm writing this trying very hard to not be rude because apparently I'm offensive, defiant, and rude. My parents won't take me. How could you tell they were swollen anyway? I'll get a close up pic when I get back from school of her feet. Also....haters gonna hate. Just want you guys to know that if you give me advice I'll use it. If you don't and decide that I ignore your advice, well that's your problem not mine.

Never thought I would say this: Moderators should ban this member. Just my humble opinion…

I join the others who will ignore this poster, and expend advice on others willing to learn.

I second that!
Well. She has stopped eating. I have her five crickets this morning. 5 remain. I tried hand feeding, cup feeding, hunting. Nothing. Oh also everyone saying I'm not treating my leopard gecko correctly, he died somewhere around 1:00 local time. My mom said he burrowed himself under the bark and when she went to feed him he was dead. RIP Leo. For anyone who has not decided to ignore me and just post on my thread about doing so, any advice on her not eating? I've been told they do that right before they lay. Could this be so? She's looking scrawny to me, and her arms are twigs.

Please post another picture? How much did you feed her yesterday? I'm sorry to hear about the gecko

I have not posted on any of your threads because it hasn't been needed. The other members have been giving you great advice, so I think you need to go back over the basic checklist of husbandry. From the pictures you have posted, she does not look gravid, not saying that she couldn't be. Just because she is refusing food doesn't mean she is. It could be numerous things keeping her appetite suppressed. It could be too much interaction, lack of correct temps, lack of proper supplementation, impaction, dehydration, close to shed, simple hunger strike or even parasitic involvement. The inability to always correctly diagnose these animals and the need for proper(expensive)husbandry, is why they are not a good choice for everyone. If you feel her husbandry is sound and she is still having issues that worry you.....go to a vet. I live in Rockwall which is very close to you. There is a vet in Addison by the name of David Landers. He is wonderful. Take your girl in if you are that worried and when he tells you what is wrong...if anything, believe him. I'm very sorry to hear about the Leopard Gecko.

Last edited:
oh man...............
Thanks for the gecko thing. I saw her eat a single cricket, and as I loosed 7 in there this morning and have found none, I'm assuming she ate them. That or they joined a secret Mafia and are conspiring against me.... On a more serious note, I do believe her husbandry is sound, not as much as I would like it to be, but it is fine. The humidity occasionally drops to 40%, but is usually around 50-80%, depending.
The supplementation I have given her crickets sprayed with the calcium without d3 (they only had the spray) every day, occasionally every other day if I forget. I've given her the stuff with d3 twice, right when I got her and last week. Also I'm sincerely hoping I am incorrect about everything and that she is not gravid or anything because my parents refuse to take me to a vet. While I doubt it, Leo could have been cured if we took him to a vet. Their stubbornness has doomed 3 of my lizards already. I won't let it happen to my first chameleon.

Thanks for the gecko thing. I saw her eat a single cricket, and as I loosed 7 in there this morning and have found none, I'm assuming she ate them. That or they joined a secret Mafia and are conspiring against me.... On a more serious note, I do believe her husbandry is sound, not as much as I would like it to be, but it is fine. The humidity occasionally drops to 40%, but is usually around 50-80%, depending.
The supplementation I have given her crickets sprayed with the calcium without d3 (they only had the spray) every day, occasionally every other day if I forget. I've given her the stuff with d3 twice, right when I got her and last week. Also I'm sincerely hoping I am incorrect about everything and that she is not gravid or anything because my parents refuse to take me to a vet. While I doubt it, Leo could have been cured if we took him to a vet. Their stubbornness has doomed 3 of my lizards already. I won't let it happen to my first chameleon.
I am getting the 24"x24"x48" ReptiBreeze. While I believe the glass terrarium is well enough, id rather be more calm and know she isn't getting a respiratory thing or something. PS my dad ordered me the big dripper system and my mom ordered 500 crickets. All of my money from working forever, gone. Plus $8 of my Christmas money. Do you think Petsitting would be a good idea while the owners are off on their holiday? I could just like feed the dogs and walk them or whatever, and care for the reptiles and small animals. I dunno. Whatever it takes to get $50 more towards that ReptiBreeze.

Back
Top Bottom