He wants out!!!!

Awesome! Thank you for all the help.

I have noticed he is way more into free rang feeding than he is of the bowl. He will not pass them up if they are walking around.
Not uncommon... This is why I always have a feeder run for my cage. That way it is more like free range feeding but the bugs are contained.

hi humble! At eight months he is hunting for a female to mate with. This uncontolable urge will calm down when he is about 1 1\2. After patroling his enclosure every day he is hoping there is one in the room. have you ever taken him outside for a walk? if you havent, you should. Make him stay in the crook of your arm and look around from there. If he tries to climb onto your head or shoulder keep one hand on him in case he is spotted by a hungry bird or decides to reach for a low hanging branch. The sun is good for him, the change of scenery will fullfill his curiosity and its a good bonding experience.

hi humble! At eight months he is hunting for a female to mate with. This uncontolable urge will calm down when he is about 1 1\2. After patroling his enclosure every day he is hoping there is one in the room. have you ever taken him outside for a walk? if you havent, you should. Make him stay in the crook of your arm and look around from there. If he tries to climb onto your head or shoulder keep one hand on him in case he is spotted by a hungry bird or decides to reach for a low hanging branch. The sun is good for him, the change of scenery will fullfill his curiosity and its a good bonding experience.
I have not taken him outside yet, but I like the idea of a walk around the back yard. I will have to start doing this tomorrow after work!

Just went for a little walk. Kept it simple and stayed in the backyard. He came to me easy from his enclosure. He will come to me if he is already trying to get out. If he is just chilling and I open it up he's offended. But if I walk to the enclosure and he starts coming towards the door, I know he'll come right to me.
He wasn't crazy about going down the stairs, but my kitchen has a good handful of plants, so he kept trying to lunge for them.
When we were outside, he mostly stayed right on my hand for forearm. Puffed up real big and gaped for a second. He had some slightly darker colors. Not the full show but you could tell he wasn't crazy about it. He chilled on my hand and while I walked, he made his body big and flat but if I stood still, he would go back to normal. So we mostly stood and soaked in sun. He chilled and looked all around. When I came inside and got back to the bedroom he was super nice yellow and green. Super bright almost neon. No grey or black. He fought me a bit going back into his enclosure but he eventually grabbed his tree and by the time I closed his door he was back to his normal day colors.
He's doing a patrol now.
This Saturday I'm going to go grab him a good sized tree he can chill in and I can sit next too. Bring some hornworms into the mix and he'll never want back in his enclosure.

Just went for a little walk. Kept it simple and stayed in the backyard. He came to me easy from his enclosure. He will come to me if he is already trying to get out. If he is just chilling and I open it up he's offended. But if I walk to the enclosure and he starts coming towards the door, I know he'll come right to me.
He wasn't crazy about going down the stairs, but my kitchen has a good handful of plants, so he kept trying to lunge for them.
When we were outside, he mostly stayed right on my hand for forearm. Puffed up real big and gaped for a second. He had some slightly darker colors. Not the full show but you could tell he wasn't crazy about it. He chilled on my hand and while I walked, he made his body big and flat but if I stood still, he would go back to normal. So we mostly stood and soaked in sun. He chilled and looked all around. When I came inside and got back to the bedroom he was super nice yellow and green. Super bright almost neon. No grey or black. He fought me a bit going back into his enclosure but he eventually grabbed his tree and by the time I closed his door he was back to his normal day colors.
He's doing a patrol now.
This Saturday I'm going to go grab him a good sized tree he can chill in and I can sit next too. Bring some hornworms into the mix and he'll never want back in his enclosure.
Just do not leave him untended while you are outside... Even in a tree a hawk can swoop down and grab him before you have a chance to do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom