He wants out!!!!

Picture of Oxylus this morning nice and mad at me. And what he could be checking out.

Attachments

• IMG_20230813_170434011.jpg
    IMG_20230813_170434011.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20230813_105212514.jpg
    IMG_20230813_105212514.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 36
I am going to tag some people that have more experience than I do to chime in and help out.

IF your boy is still growing you still want him to be eating as much as he can. If he is eating that little than there might be something going on, especially if you say his body hasn't grown as much. I would suggest a vet visit and a fecal check.

@Beman @MissSkittles @kinyonga - What is your input for this little guy? What did I miss?

Picture of Oxylus this morning nice and mad at me. And what he could be checking out.
hmmmm...he could be wanting to get to those flowers. Especially if its higher than his enclosure. I would be curious to see how he did if you removed it from your wall for a few days.

Are his colors more browns than greens?

Every time they go into a new enclosure it’s a bit traumatic. They need to reestablish a level of security. He will be Ok
This is also very true. If he is new in that enclosure he could be 'roaming' his bush to make sure there are no other chameleons or predators around.

The flowers are a tiny bit higher than him. I'll find a new home for it and see how that goes.
It's been about 3 weeks he's been in there. I'm gonna get some silkworms in and see about that.
I will also get a vet visit lined up.
His poops have been pretty good. Smaller because he was eating less. And with the hornworm he's good and hydrated. He also sleeps near where did fogger blows..
He hides in the front corner pothos plans when he sleeps. He's a beautiful light green and nice yellow at night. Tiny blue dots I've seen a few times.
I've seen him drink a time or two after a misting at night.
His day colors are a slight dark green and yellow.

I don’t think I’d be too worried about the wisteria on the wall. I like that you’ve added so much more plant cover for him. I would advise to add more branches or vines too (if you haven’t already). Of course, every time we change something in our chameleon’s enclosure, it gets them upset. How dare we enter their home and start adding or changing things?! 😮 He looks like a healthy and handsome young man-cham to me and is perhaps reaching his reproductive maturity…maybe trying to find a lady friend? My boys and especially my veiled would several times a day make full patrols of his entire enclosure.

I don’t think I’d be too worried about the wisteria on the wall. I like that you’ve added so much more plant cover for him. I would advise to add more branches or vines too (if you haven’t already). Of course, every time we change something in our chameleon’s enclosure, it gets them upset. How dare we enter their home and start adding or changing things?! 😮 He looks like a healthy and handsome young man-cham to me and is perhaps reaching his reproductive maturity…maybe trying to find a lady friend? My boys and especially my veiled would several times a day make full patrols of his entire enclosure.
I love watching the patrols or when they sit right up front like a gargoyle and survey the room with a stink face. It’s adorable.

I am betting the window is causing some stress if his placement near it is new. I have never put my chams so they can see directly out a window. When I had all three boys this would cause an immense amount of pacing. And heaven forbid a large bird flew in front of the window. Beman is particularly sensitive when it comes to seeing out a window.
A lot has been changing for him the last few weeks. New cage new plants etc. Also if he is hitting the 9 months mark he is at an age where patrolling his area and looking for a girlfriend is very common.
Some will curb down appetite around this age as well. Although IME Veileds will eat non stop if you let them. So stress could be impacting this as well. If you are feeding him in a different cup or feeder run that will impact him as well.

For a good plant light I really like the jungle dawn led bars.

Since we're here. I got these pictures of my guy sleeping because I thought it was so funny how he looks like a little plant.
But I noticed he was a little dark around the eyes and had some dark colors as well.

Cause for concern?

I will make sure to check again tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_20230817_203333989.jpg
    IMG_20230817_203333989.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20230817_203404024.jpg
    IMG_20230817_203404024.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 35
Since we're here. I got these pictures of my guy sleeping because I thought it was so funny how he looks like a little plant.
But I noticed he was a little dark around the eyes and had some dark colors as well.

Cause for concern?

I will make sure to check again tonight.
yep dark marking on face, around eyes and casque is very normal on a mature male Veiled.

yep dark marking on face, around eyes and casque is very normal on a mature male Veiled.
Awesome! Thank you for all the help.

I have noticed he is way more into free rang feeding than he is of the bowl. He will not pass them up if they are walking around.

Back
Top Bottom