he shed

meganm85

my lil guy shed last night...i didnt even know he was about to shed...he dont have anything on him either....you wouldnt even know he shed if it wasnt for his shedding s all over his enclosure....do they usually shed that fast and easily?

well he is 5 soon 6 months old...i couldnt believe how fast he did it.....he must of did it this morning.....

Shed

I know. Way cool right? :cool:I aquired my first chameleon in August....an 8 month old Panter. One day 3 weeks later he exploded in shed. The whole shed lasted about 25 minutes. I was able to get some pictures though and it was cool. Not a long drawn out process like my Bearded Dragon's sheds.
But I have found that if I keep a close eye on the humidity and keep it at proper levels...his sheds tend to be short although it takes a bit longer for the eye areas.
Did your cham eat his shed?:confused:

Sometimes they do eat their shed, but not as much as other species, such as geckos do. A couple of sheds ago I watched Amy zapping bits of shed off the cage floor! Funny creatures!

My first cham, Lily, would let me 'help' her shed. I would put on a knitted glove and she would hold on to my thumb with her front feet and rub her eyes and face on the glove! It was so cute! Amy did it once too, but that was only because she got bits of shed stuck in both eyes at once and couldn't see! She just sat there with her eyes shut, so out came the glove and she rubbed her shed off too! They are such rewarding pets to have.

I love it when mine shed - I find it fascinating and I love to try to match up bits of shed to the part of the body they came from! (Yes, I am a little sad, lol, but I love my chams!) I love how they shed the soles of their feet in one piece - it looks like they've taken their dirty socks off, lol!:D:D Amy is today sheddin gone back leg! She shed the rest of her body over a week ago and I though she was finished!:rolleyes: Here's a link to thread I created about Amy's 'Snowstorm'! https://www.chameleonforums.com/amys-snowstorm-28186/ and one about her dirty sock! https://www.chameleonforums.com/amys-dirty-sock-29363/

cool mine just shed last night and it took about a day and a half! I love those new colors after it's shed though :)

Hey Megan! Funny you should say your lil guy shed, because his brother looks as if a shed is around the corner too!
Take lots of pictures, they grow so fast!!

awww..cute little socks...and that was def a snowstorm.....i just took amazing pics of him drinking...it seemed like he was posing for the camera too...lol...i'll post them asap!!! he seems a lot brighter today not in the pic's though..before i sprayed him....i am so in love with him!!!:D....

jessica....thats so cool...so when he is big enough to ask questions about his family i dont have to spend all sorts of money hiring a detective to find them for him...i already know where one of his brothers are...lol......

Quick is good, that means your keeping everything right. If they humidity is too low they can shed slow or have pieces still wrapped around legs or toes.
Good Job!

Hi how do you know if they are going to shed? is there any tell tale signs?

I used to have a snake and that used to stop eating, go a dull colour,milky eyes, and sometimes sit in the water bowl,

I know a chameleon is alot different just interested to know thanks:)

Sometimes they may go off their food slightly for a day or so before. Their skin goes kind of 'frosted' looking before the white dead skin starts to lift away from the new skin. When Amy was smaller her casque used to go shiny right before a shed. They may also be more grumpy than usual too!

Yah, I look for that frosted look. I have a panther and his colors will look a little dull and he will take on a frosted dry look starting about 2 days before his shed.

Babies will shed very often. Adults slow it down.....shedding is good....that means he's growing healthy.

Back
Top Bottom