He ate his urate?

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Well I was doing my homework and Darwin's cage is right next to my bed. I look over and I see him shoot his tongue out at something. I know he went to the bathroom today and he got his urate. Should I be worried? Its gross to me, but I have never seen this happen.
Zac

Last edited:
Eeewwwww. haha I would be grossed out at seeing that. My cham been eating a lot of silkies lately and had a HUGE urate. eeeewwwww. I would wonder if he was shooting at it cuz he was thirsty? Or you just have one demented reptile.

Eeewwwww. haha I would be grossed out at seeing that. My cham been eating a lot of silkies lately and had a HUGE urate. eeeewwwww. I would wonder if he was shooting at it cuz he was thirsty? Or you just have one demented reptile.

I misted him about 15 minutes before that too! hes just nasty but amazing :) lol

Are you sure its getting enough to eat? Did it shoot at a insect and miss?
How often do you clean the cage?

Slim, nothing to do with thirst unless the urate was sitting in water.
Urates are the result of water conservation, no benefit in ingesting it. :)

I would just try to get the waste out as quickly as possible next time. My veiled loves to eat dead or half dead leaves. I'm sure he'd get a urate or poop as well if it happened to be by a leaf. Just keep it clean.

I clean the cage daily (or whenever he defecates) I'm like a major clean freak! lol. I was going to get it cleaned out before lights went out at 8 pm but I was doing spanish homework. I guess I missed it in time :eek:. Also he was fed yesterday morning. I feed him every other day. I gave him 2 crickets after he ate it just in case he was.

Back
Top Bottom