Having trouble with high humidity during the day

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Once again having trouble with high humidity during the daytime. I have fought this all summer. Now that it’s in the 60 s outside I thought it would go away but it hasn’t. I’m running a muffin fan on top of the cage and have taken one side of the coroplast off and have a fan running just outside of the cage as well. Humidity is still close to 70%. What else can I do?

I’ve been catching Eustis on and off with his mouth open since yesterday. There’s no stringy saliva or anything like that. He’s not struggling to breath or anything but I’m concerned. His temps have been in the 70 s at the most during the day and in The 60s at night. His humidity has run in the 70% all summer long during the day and at night it’s 70-80%. Hat do y9unall think I should do?
@JacksJill @Mendez @Kaizen @Sonny13

I’ve been catching Eustis on and off with his mouth open since yesterday. There’s no stringy saliva or anything like that. He’s not struggling to breath or anything but I’m concerned. His temps have been in the 70 s at the most during the day and in The 60s at night. His humidity has run in the 70% all summer long during the day and at night it’s 70-80%. Hat do y9unall think I should do?
The vet is closed now for the weekend.

Have an odd thought. you will have to excuse me but i dont reme!ber the name of it. In florida we used to get These cups with a product in it that would soak up the humidity. Used to keep them in the closets. Does anyone know what i am talking about? Also wild chams live in flucuating weather so i think they can handle it.

Have an odd thought. you will have to excuse me but i dont reme!ber the name of it. In florida we used to get These cups with a product in it that would soak up the humidity. Used to keep them in the closets. Does anyone know what i am talking about? Also wild chams live in flucuating weather so i think they can handle it.
Thanks, hadn’t thought of that! Are these safe to use n a Cham cage though?

I would not put anything in the cage...

Have you thought about a dehumidifier? I know Jacksons need a lower range with humidity of 30-50% So if you are dealing with issues of high humidity then a dehumidifier would be your best option IMO.

I would not put anything in the cage...

Have you thought about a dehumidifier? I know Jacksons need a lower range with humidity of 30-50% So if you are dealing with issues of high humidity then a dehumidifier would be your best option IM
Ive thought of that to. Jackson’s only need it 30-50% during the day. They need it higher at night.

Last edited:
I decided to turn my heat on a little early this year. That will help take down the humidity during the day. It’s only 60 degrees outside and Eustis has been looking for more heat like his 60 watt basking isn’t enough so I also changed that to a 75 watt and I hope he will come forward to his basking light again.he’s been staying toward the back of his cage where his sansi light is.

I use damp rid, right from Home Depotor Walmart. Not sure if it’s the same but sounds like it. It doesn’t go in the cage of course, it sits on a table and absorbs excess moisture in a plastic container. Just needs to be in the same room.

I use damp rid, right from Home Depotor Walmart. Not sure if it’s the same but sounds like it. It doesn’t go in the cage of course, it sits on a table and absorbs excess moisture in a plastic container. Just needs to be in the same room.
Yes tbats what i was thinking of! Thank you! Wonder if it would help!?!

Yes tbats what i was thinking of! Thank you! Wonder if it would help!?!
I think it will help some. I am not sure how much. Best bet might be the dehumidifier. With that you would have a bit more control. For the small cost of it though it may be worth a try before investing in the the dehumidifier. Especially if it’s only temporary during season changes. Good luck😊

Back
Top Bottom