Having fun

Jbennaim

Hey so I’ve had my veiled for a little while and he seems great and he walks into my hand he’s very comfortable with me I wanted to know some things you guys do for your Cham as some kind of treat for them whether it be feeding him snacks or showers just please share your ideas

Here are some pictures of him just for fun

Hey so I’ve had my veiled for a little while and he seems great and he walks into my hand he’s very comfortable with me I wanted to know some things you guys do for your Cham as some kind of treat for them whether it be feeding him snacks or showers just please share your ideas

View attachment 240477
View attachment 240480
View attachment 240481
Here are some pictures of him just for fun

Definitely never ever shower your chameleon as a "treat". Putting a chameleon in a shower is an extremely stressful experience for them and should only be done as a last resort to dehydrate a very dehydrated cham.

Feeding "treat" items like hornworms and superworms is a good idea, though! Since he seems to be comfortable with you, you can also try taking him outside for some natural sunlight (y)

I second not showering...
My boy loves hornworms... I get him 2 each week. We also go out in the sun for about 30 minutes at least four times a week. It is good you are building trust with him. This is so important when it comes to being able to clean properly and remove him from his cage with as little stress as possible. I think you will find the trust only grows as he ages. I know that has been how Beman and I have been.

Good luck with your boy. Happy to see you both so happy.

Definitely never ever shower your chameleon as a "treat". Putting a chameleon in a shower is an extremely stressful experience for them and should only be done as a last resort to dehydrate a very dehydrated cham.

Feeding "treat" items like hornworms and superworms is a good idea, though! Since he seems to be comfortable with you, you can also try taking him outside for some natural sunlight (y)
I have a branch that I bought for the shower so I put that in my shower and put the shower head to the wall he really enjoys sitting there I’ve looked up ways to do it and when I do it for him his colors become really bright so I take it as an indication that he likes it

I have a branch that I bought for the shower so I put that in my shower and put the shower head to the wall he really enjoys sitting there I’ve looked up ways to do it and when I do it for him his colors become really bright so I take it as an indication that he likes it

His bright colours are an indication of stress not liking it.

Be careful when saying that they “like” things. They will often tolerate or grow accustomed to things, but often when we see what our chameleons are “enjoying” it can actually be stress or defensive reactions. Most of the time a chameleon will not enjoy the shower misting method. It isn’t even the most recommended method for aiding hydration due to the stress possibility.

Food is a definite treat, as is time out in natural sunlight. Just make sure to monitor for overheating and predators!

When I go in cham room I am hastily greeted for treats "bsfls" and some natural sun light!! Beautiful cham!! He looks very healthy!!

Back
Top Bottom