Having a very bad day

We all know that feeling.
I'm sorry you're having a bad day. I know it will get better, you have done an amazing job so far and will continue to improve. Chameleons are not an easy pet, I couldn't imagine a hatchling! You are such an awesome cham parent 🫂 💗

I think I am struggling with it as a nano cage and stressing about her currently only eating fruit flies. I cant figure out to do her supplements.

Order one of these in the small size. https://tkchameleons.com/collections/accessories/products/shooting-gallery-small
Pour the crickets into this and she will see them moving on the screen. Or Try a shallow dish at the bottom of the cage maybe in a more open space right below her vines and plants so it is easy for her to target the crickets there. Fill it up with the pin heads about 3 dozen lightly dust them in calcium without D3. Make sure positioning is so she can clearly see them.

Order one of these in the small size. https://tkchameleons.com/collections/accessories/products/shooting-gallery-small
Pour the crickets into this and she will see them moving on the screen. Or Try a shallow dish at the bottom of the cage maybe in a more open space right below her vines and plants so it is easy for her to target the crickets there. Fill it up with the pin heads about 3 dozen lightly dust them in calcium without D3. Make sure positioning is so she can clearly see them.
I have cage feeder/shooting gallery from FramsChams. It is large for the nano cage. My question is could I try to restructure her nano to fit it or do you recommend this one because of size?

I have cage feeder/shooting gallery from FramsChams. It is large for the nano cage. My question is could I try to restructure her nano to fit it or do you recommend this one because of size?
Can you just add it to the door of the cage? Without moving much? Then you can open the door pour them in and then close it.

Unfortunately not because the door is not screen on a nano.
Can you slide it in on the side without moving a lot? Theirs are about the same size as the shooting gallery so it would be the same no matter which you use... I am just thinking if baby is seeing them actively moving then it would be better than the cup you are using. Sometimes just adding a shallow tupperwear on the bottom works when your dealing with a tiny set up like she is in.

Can you slide it in on the side without moving a lot? Theirs are about the same size as the shooting gallery so it would be the same no matter which you use... I am just thinking if baby is seeing them actively moving then it would be better than the cup you are using. Sometimes just adding a shallow tupperwear on the bottom works when your dealing with a tiny set up like she is in.
I will give those ideas a try.

Nano's are almost all glass with a vent at the bottom if we are talking about the same thing. It is possible to dust fruit flies in a plastic bag. Dump in the powder, then the flies and then insert a straw to fill with air and shake. Roll the sides of the bag down and serve.

Nano's are almost all glass with a vent at the bottom if we are talking about the same thing. It is possible to dust fruit flies in a plastic bag. Dump in the powder, then the flies and then insert a straw to fill with air and shake. Roll the sides of the bag down and serve.
I’ve always wondered how you dust them. Great idea!

I put in my feeder and tried...I watched crickets crawl out instead of on the screen. I am still at a loss. Do you have any other ideas?

I put in my feeder and tried...I watched crickets crawl out instead of on the screen. I am still at a loss. Do you have any other ideas?
So this will not necessarily be fast... Some take to new feeding methods quickly while some may take a few days of watching it. Make sure there is a branch or something that runs right next to it. At this size they have a much shorter tongue length so they need to be able to get close so they can target.

Back
Top Bottom