Hatchling Ambilobes

PardalisGirl

Avid Member
Took some photos today of some hatchling Ambilobes. Some are just a few days old and one is the oldest of the clutch. He did his first shed yesterday at a little over two weeks. First is a picture of the parents during the conception of this clutch. I was taking pictures of several different chams in a room. I had several cage doors open to take the pictures without the screen showing. This couple left the cage while I had my back turned and started to mate on top of the cage door. I let them finish the whole thing perched there. The male, Skyler, is captive hatched from wild caught parents. I got him from Cruzin Chameleons. The female, Gita, is the offspring of The Chameleon Company's Chimera II:

Skyler and Gita.jpg

The oldest baby pre-shed. He is already showing green on his head and legs:

Ambilobe Baby #1.jpg

A two day old male saying "Back off Jack" to another sibling:

Ambilobe Baby #2.jpg

The oldest male today with some shedding skin still attached:

Ambilobe Baby #3.jpg

Baby that hatched out yesterday exploring:

Ambilobe Baby #4.jpg

Ahhhh, I was about to go blind after that first totally inapproriate picture ;).

But then a saw the following pics and my vision was back! Thanks for sharing pics of these adoring little ones!

Sweet pics, they are very cool looking and I can see some of the colors allready through the pics... nice.

ParadalisGirl:

Great pix....

How many eggs were layed in this clutch?

How long did they incubate?

Did you use an incubator or room temps?

What temps and did you night drop ?

I'm curious...thx,

Sorry........I forgot to answer your questions...My female laid 20 eggs. 7 spoiled right away. 11 have hatched and there are 2 big eggs left. They look like good eggs. It took 8 and 1/2 months for them to hatch. I keep eggs at about 70 degrees for a couple of months in a kitchen cabinet. Then I move them to the incubator which is kept at 75 degrees. I don't do any night drop. There was a two week period where the eggs were at about 80 degrees. We had what is considered a heat wave where I live. Our air conditioning could not keep up with it (floor to ceiling windows everywhere) and the house was 80 degrees even with central air conditioning. I turned the incubator off and opened it's door (the high temp alarm kept going off). Other than that, the temperature was kept pretty even. I think it's fine to have fluctuations within a certain range though. Nature certainly does not keep things at a steady tempurature. I try to start with a cooler period for a couple of months and then bump the temperature up a bit to break diapause. I don't get too excited about keeping precise temperatures at all times. I did not try to "cool" the eggs when they were at 80 degrees. My incubator does not have a night drop feature so I don't worry about it. If it had that feature I would use it though. During the spring, summer and fall I could get away without having an incubator where I live. It's the winter time that I need one. We lose the power here a lot when it gets cold. We lost power for a week last December and the house was only 45 degrees. I have a big generator to power the incubator and all the lizard lights/heaters. Sorry for the delay in answering.....

Lol!

I laughed so hard VerteX that I spit my morning coffee out. Had to run for the paper towels! That is too funny. Thanks for the laugh I needed it :)

Yeah, that is one old thread. Those babies were adults a long time ago. I kept two of the males. They are big boys now. How do you even find a thread that old? Glad someone did just so I could see VerteX post that response!

I laughed so hard VerteX that I spit my morning coffee out. Had to run for the paper towels! That is too funny. Thanks for the laugh I needed it :)

Yeah, that is one old thread. Those babies were adults a long time ago. I kept two of the males. They are big boys now. How do you even find a thread that old? Glad someone did just so I could see VerteX post that response!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and your monitor. I guess my secret plan has failed... ;)

Back
Top Bottom