Has anyone used nematodes for gnats.

I was looking into ordering 5 million nematodes that kill gnat larvae. Do they work? Do the nematodes ever leave the potted plant looking for food? Should I use all of them since they need to be used or refrigerated right away, like is there any reason not to use them all?

Hmm. Is it producing dew?
Uhhhhh.....
Maybe? Idk man I'm not a plant whisperer lol I have no idea what I'm doing. I have it in a bog type watering situation with my venus fly trap (which tbh doesnt look to good either). I doubt it's a lighting issue because I have a grow bulb over them.... I can hardly take care of normal plants why did I think carnivorous plants were within my skillset??

Uhhhhh.....
Maybe? Idk man I'm not a plant whisperer lol I have no idea what I'm doing. I have it in a bog type watering situation with my venus fly trap (which tbh doesnt look to good either). I doubt it's a lighting issue because I have a grow bulb over them.... I can hardly take care of normal plants why did I think carnivorous plants were within my skillset??

Hahaha, that's fair. Well the sign of a healthy drosera is those little "water" droplets all over them (which is actually sticky digestive juices). If they're upset with you, they'll dry up and then they can't catch insects very well, which is what I suspect may be going on :unsure:

Hahaha, that's fair. Well the sign of a healthy drosera is those little "water" droplets all over them (which is actually sticky digestive juices). If they're upset with you, they'll dry up and then they can't catch insects very well, which is what I suspect may be going on :unsure:
Ok so I would be able to see the dew drops? I'll have to take a picture in the morning when my lights come back on and you can tell me lol. My sundew has little red hairs. Most pictures I've seen have been all a yellow green. I dont know if that means anything to you lol

1563854344938.png

Yep, should be clearly visible. You want it to look like this

Somethings wrong with your sundew if it isnt obliterating gnats

Well it doesn't have no dew. For starters :p.

Daesie how long have you had it?

"The lack of droplets on your sundew is probably an indication that you are not growing it properly. Only a happy Drosera makes mucus. ... The most common reason for a dewless sundew is low humidity. Other possibilities include temperatures that are too high, light that is too low, and impure water"

Last edited:
I use RO water! It came with a whole care sheet and I thought I was doing so well lol

It needs more water or it feels it does not need any additional nutrients. Make sure the soil is moist to the touch at all times.

When I kept sundews, some were finicky. Some produced dew at all times, others only when their area was saturated with water.

Back
Top Bottom