Has anyone here had any experience with a machine that distills water? They sell them on amazon

Interesting how a simple question concerning H2O distilled can lead to all that information. Very informative and greatly appreciated.

So--- what was the original distilled water needed for?
thanks! (y)

So--- what was the original distilled water needed for?
thanks! (y)
I'm not sure that came out specifically - I just assumed for use in a mister or fogger. I use RO/DI for everything, but like Mark, I have a large unit from reefkeeping days and a 50 gallon storage tank for it. I worry about a lot with the chameleon, but access to water isn't one of them.

@Mark_C I will be interested to hear from your experience of re-mineralizing the water for your cham. I use RODI water (0 TDS) that I make from my aquatic life 4 stage filter that I also use for reef, but I do not add anything back into it. I was concerned about clogging mist heads or leaving white residue on plants and screens. I do think it would be more natural to have some minerals in the water so I would like to understand what you add back to the water, and is it necessary?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Don,
Just started the regular misting shedule as the new kid has arrived.
I'm sure theres no harm as these filters simply run the RODI through mineral rocks and its comppletely safe for humans, pets and plants.
However, I never considered the residue potential.
I'll let it go for a week and let you know

Back
Top Bottom