Has anyone ever heard of one chameleon imprinting on another?

ChamAllen

OK.

This is hysterical and bizarre.

Osama, my adult male veiled has been with me for about 4 years now.

Recently someone gave me a sub-adult female now known as Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

Priscilla follows Osama around wherever he goes and keeps in lock step with him. If he moves his right foot forward, she moves her right foot forward.

Even their shadows are identical.

See the amazing picture and beautiful attached.

Attachments

• My Little Shadow.jpg
    My Little Shadow.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 265
That is so cute, but are you sure its not just coincidence :confused:

I mean, a conscience act of mimicking would suggest higher brain function then chams are supposed to have ?!

That's actually pretty adorable! Just make sure Osama doesn't get hungry lol

I've had some pretty curious chameleon relationships pop up in my gang but my female veiled was one tough cookie when it came to my males, especially after she hit sexual maturity. She could send all the males running for the hills if she decided she wanted access to their feeder bin, and even my largest panther (who was more than twice her size) would run up as high as he could to get out of her way. So I definitely haven't seen a female take a liking to a male, if anything it seems like they definitely run the place and make sure everyone else knows it!

That's actually pretty adorable! Just make sure Osama doesn't get hungry lol

I've had some pretty curious chameleon relationships pop up in my gang but my female veiled was one tough cookie when it came to my males, especially after she hit sexual maturity. She could send all the males running for the hills if she decided she wanted access to their feeder bin, and even my largest panther (who was more than twice her size) would run up as high as he could to get out of her way. So I definitely haven't seen a female take a liking to a male, if anything it seems like they definitely run the place and make sure everyone else knows it!

Priscilla Queen of the Desert clearly doesn't take any sh** from Osama or the other chams. She even holds her own in the free range.

Back
Top Bottom