Has anyone ever been bitten?

E46M3

If so..did it hurt? How old was the chameleon that bit you, and why?

Just curious, my Veiled gets a little territorial from time to time in his cage (which is why i dont handle him much) he's hissed at me, but never snapped.

Nope!

So far I can say neither of my gys has bitten or even tried to bite... Wilson is too sweet to even think of such a thing but my Dexter opens his little mouth and fires up on me sometimes but never tried to bite... atleast not yet.:eek:

But I have been bitten by a Python and I would imagine it's a similar feeling in the respect that the bite itself doesn't truely "hurt" but the freakin' startle of the strike will make your heart pound! LOL!:p

Lunged at and bitten, by my first veiled years ago, it drew blood he was a 2 year old male, it didn't hurt bad, but they do have pretty strong jaws

I've been bitten a few times, by chams ranging from full grown to young and small. I can tell you that for me, it hurts. I've never had a bad bite where it bled, but they chomp down hard and those little serrated teeth hurt. But it's not worse than stubbing your toe, and it goes away in a few minutes.

my male bit me once it didnt hurt at all. he was about 8 months old when he did it. my female has never been aggressive towards any of us

Feldman got the vets finger a couple of days ago.Lucky for her she was holding him with a towel which softened the bite. She still let out a yelp, though.

He would fire up more than I had ever seen after that whenever the vet came in the room. And he always kept one eye on her to see what she was up to.

Attachments

• IMG_20101005_164720.jpg
    IMG_20101005_164720.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 165
Been bitten yrs ago by a male veiled. He was my first cham. He drew a nice circle or round sided triangle on my hand when he finally let go. Didnt hurt too bad kind of felt like a bad pinch. Got bit again a month or so ago by my female mitsio. She's wc and mean as hell. Only cham I have that i use a stick to pick her up in her cage. Once out of her cage shes alot less pissy. She just left a nice mark that went away in a few hrs.

Worse i ever got bit was by a small parrot. I had my macaw at the time and i thought i could handle picking up such a small bird. Damn thing bit twisted and hung on for dear life. By the time I got him off I needed 7-8 stitches to close it up...:eek:

My 5 months old Ambilobe Nugget bit me last weekend when I went to pick him up off the floor of his cage. Drew a little blood, but didnt' really hurt too much. He's done a lot of "bluff" biting up til that point, Nugget's not bluffing no more. :D

He was on the bottom of his cage exploring, he might have been unusually defensive since he was on the "ground" at the bottom of his cage. I'm hoping he'll calm down a little when he gets out of his teenage stage.

If so..did it hurt? How old was the chameleon that bit you, and why?

I've never been bitten by a territorial cham, only by one being medicated or extremely stressed. Worst was being bitten on the lip by an adult melleri while trying to do rescue breathing. She had aspirated water, had choked and wasn't breathing. Yes, she did survive and I have a little scar on my lip.

as a matter of fact not only was i bitten but i still have the scars from around 4-5 years ago! i had set up wall open cages with dividers when i woke up one morning and a few minutes later one male was charging the other and i slid my hand between them just in time to counter his strike. he bit my right middle finger where a ring would be and now i have a ring of scar. it did hurt but it wa smore terrifying to see it than to feel it

Worst was being bitten on the lip by an adult melleri while trying to do rescue breathing. She had aspirated water, had choked and wasn't breathing. Yes, she did survive and I have a little scar on my lip.

:eek::eek:Oh My H3LL!:eek::eek: That's heroics!:D

Not bit by a cham yet - hope never to be. Have gotten a love nip from the Dude (BTS) and the worst, while he seems docile, he really can give a nasty bite and he has gotton me twice - good - is Enoch, my albino AFT gecko. He can draw blood and take away flesh.

I've never been bitten by a territorial cham, only by one being medicated or extremely stressed. Worst was being bitten on the lip by an adult melleri while trying to do rescue breathing. She had aspirated water, had choked and wasn't breathing. Yes, she did survive and I have a little scar on my lip.

Man!!! That's a bold move but at least you saved the melleri's life! I'd say the scar was worth it! :D

Feldman got the vets finger a couple of days ago.Lucky for her she was holding him with a towel which softened the bite. She still let out a yelp, though.

He would fire up more than I had ever seen after that whenever the vet came in the room. And he always kept one eye on her to see what she was up to.

That is an awesome cham you have there! How old is he and how much and how long! He looks like a whopper! In keeping up with the thread, no my cham has never bitten me or even come close to trying thank god!

Spike bit me months ago not out of aggression though. The young nieces and nephews came over while spike was in his umbrella tree free ranging. Before i had time to tell them to stay away from him they went running over SPIKE!! Spike leaped out of the tree onto the carpet and sprinted for his life across the floor. I snatched him up and out of fear he latched a hold of my finger. To answer your question YES! IT HURTS LIKE HELL!! Its more the extreme pressure they have that is what makes it hurt so much they just bite down harder and harder until they feel they are done. I had to just deal with it and let spike let go once he was comfortable. Anyways this is my battle wound its hard to see how deep but he took a chunk out of my finger. I still love him though ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That is an awesome cham you have there! How old is he and how much and how long! He looks like a whopper! In keeping up with the thread, no my cham has never bitten me or even come close to trying thank god!

Thank you, Carol.:)

Feldman is not as big as he looks in the photo as the phone camera (or should I say Cham-phone?) was set to it's widest setting. He measures somewhere around 12.25 inches, maybe a tad more. At the vets office he weighed 105g.

After the wrestling with the vet and her tongue depressor for a while, Feldman decided to oblige her and opened up his mouth. He then quickly spun his head and closed his jaws on her toweled draped finger. After that he lit up like a Christmas tree, more vibrant then I had ever seen him and with several new color combinations and patterns. The cell phone pic does not come close to showing how colorful he became.

As near as I can figure he is between 10-12 months old. I bought him locally last July from a young woman with too many other pets and not enough hours in the day to take care of them all.

He is very sociable and has never tried to bight me. I have to give him his meds orally every morning and he doesn't like to open his mouth for me either. This seems to be straining our relationship somewhat. I take my time and try to be as gentle as possible. Hopefully when the med cycle is over he will either forgive me or forget about it.

Man!!! That's a bold move but at least you saved the melleri's life! I'd say the scar was worth it! :D

I didn't hesitate or really think about it. I couldn't just sit there and watch her die. The bite wasn't the worst part. Before she bit me she coughed up a couple of mangled superworms laced with Baytril....

Sorry, I guess this should be filed in the "oversharing" inbox.

Back
Top Bottom