Harvey my veiled chameleon just passed away :(

v639dragoon

I've had Harvey for almost 4 years. In the past few days he decided to stop eating completely and move to the bottom of his cage. His color darkened and he didn't look well. I had an appointment at the vet this morning at 11 am, but he didn't make it to the vet. I went to put him in a box to transport him and he opened his mouth and than closed his eyes and died :(. I wonder if he died of old age or something else?

Sorry for your loss. Its always hard losing a chameleon but especially when there is no apparent reason.

A necropsy might show you why he died.

I am sad for you, losing a cham you have had close to 4 years really hurts. Try to feel better and know Harvey was happy and well cared for while he was with you.

I'm so sorry that Harvey is gone.:( You don't realise just how attached you have become to them until they are no longer around. I was devastated when I lost my dear Lily - her death hit me much harder than I ever thought would be possible. It does get better gradually over time, and you can look back on photos and memories of a special chameleon forever.

Back
Top Bottom