Hardest post ever...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss my new cham just arrived today i will guard him with my life if i take him outside. H e was handsome. I hope the crow chokes. :(

I am thrilled he is back!

This is a duplicate of the post I made on your other thread. I felt the need to post it in both threads:

I was absolutely thrilled to read the happy outcome to this story this morning. I read your unhappy post the day it was done. I was so sad and depressed over what happened for you that I could not bring myself to post a response to your loss. Your post brought home to me again my own recent loss. Many of you know Otto, a beautiful male Veiled, that was formerly in Royden's keeping for a long time. Last June he was given to me by Royden so he could breed and spread his genes. I considered it a joint ownership. Well on the last Sunday in April he died from a bizarre accident with his tongue (I don't want to explain it on this thread). At some point in the near future Royden will be posting a tribute to Otto on the forum.

I have been so depressed over the loss that I have not been able to post the news here or spend much time looking at this forum. Royden and I have been corresponding over our mutual loss instead. This is the reason I could not post my sorrow over the loss of Lombardi after reading it.

Today I read the magnificant news of his return and how it was accomplished. I was and am thrilled! I also read all the other stuff that was written on the thread before and after his return. I can't believe the lack of compassion and rudeness displayed by one member in particular. I'm not a person who displays anger or expresses it much. I can't keep it in check today. I strongly feel that this one member in particular lacks the compassion and kindness towards chameleons to be of any productive use to this forum. I wish you would give any chams you have to a better home and spend all your time and money feeding the hungry people around the world instead.

This is a chameleon forum. The people here have a passion for chams and develop strong feelings for them. Anyone incapable of developing a strong feeling for one should not own one and should not participate here. Starving people are a separate issue. Please join a forum that is designed to help those people instead.

Oh, by the way, what have you actually done to help any of those starving people? Anything at all? My husband went to Tanzania and Zimbabwe several times a year for over a decade until his own recent major health issues made this impossible. He was an outdoor freak who likes to camp and live off the land for up to three weeks at a time. Each time he went he brought loads of clothes and much needed medical supplies that he collected here in the USA (he's a doctor). On one trip he took money and supplies that were used to set up a clinic in the bush to help mother's give birth safely and get some prenatal care. People over there don't even name their kids until they have survived for six months. Most die before they reach that age. He shared his food with those around him every day.

Those people are not just a statistic to throw around to my husband. He has personally seen the faces, heard the stories and seen the sorrow in person. He was was also truly devastated by my loss of Otto and felt real sorrow for SoCaliSon when I told him about the "loss" of Lombardi. He felt joy when I told him this morning that Lombardi had been found. This man who has actually done things personally for those "starving people" has deep feelings for my chameleons because he knows I love them so much. He has never dismissed my love for them or dismissed the importance of their lives in the "grand scheme of things". He would NEVER feel or say any of the rude and dismissive things that were said regarding Lombardi's temporary absence.

If you are not capable of sharing in the sorrow over someone's loss than keep your feelings to yourself and don't post. If you can't be silent you might as well just leave the forum for good. Once you express yourself in that manner nobody is going to listen to anything you have to offer about any other subject. You become irrelevant and someone to be avoided.

Hurray! Lombardi is back! I'm so happy for you!

That is great to hear. You get attached to your pets. I have 12year old dog and when he dies i will be soo upset. We have had him since he was 3 months. He even survived parvo. Pets are our kids too. I have 2 daughters as well as two dogs and my new baby boy chameleon Zee.

Is this still going? If I 'felt the need to duplicate' a post, people would complain loudly!

If you are not capable of sharing in the sorrow over someone's loss than keep your feelings to yourself and don't post. If you can't be silent you might as well just leave the forum for good. Once you express yourself in that manner nobody is going to listen to anything you have to offer about any other subject. You become irrelevant and someone to be avoided.

How Arrogant are you! Every opinion is valid, even if you dont agree.

"I may not agree with what you say, But I will defend to the end your Right to say it!"

You just become irrelevant and someone to be avoided in my book.

I wish a bloody crow would carry this Eisentrouti bashing thread away! Give the guy a break, some of us understood!

Congrats!

I was heartbroken when I first read your story but could not stop reading all of the responses from everyone when the ideas were being thrown around that Lombardi could still be alive. I kept reading and reading until I found that wonderful post, I am so happy for you. We live in San Diego and often have our Chams outside, you always know that there are birds around but you never think that they would actually come down and take your chameleon when you are right there. I will think twice before putting mine out there without their cage. Again, congrats! Our pets are our children and when something happens to them, it hurts.

Every opinion is valid, even if you dont agree.

"I may not agree with what you say, But I will defend to the end your Right to say it!"

Yes, we all have a "right" to be rude and hurtful if we want to. Having that "right" does not mean we are exempt from any negative consequences that result from exercising that "right".

You just become irrelevant and someone to be avoided in my book.

Please do avoid me. You wouldn't like me anyway. I've got cats. You made it pretty clear you have a major issue with people owning cats as pets in a different thread. That was a thread where it was appropriate to express negative opinions on things. You expressed your negative opinion about cats and I let it go with no comment because it was not "rude" of you to express that opinion there. However, if I or someone else makes a post some day about a beloved cat passing away, I suggest you refrain from expressing your negative opinions regarding cats as pets at that time. You may have the "right" to do so, but you should also accept any backlash you get for doing so.

I wish a bloody crow would carry this Eisentrouti bashing thread away! Give the guy a break, some of us understood!

I am now going to give the guy a break because he has apparently appologized to SoCaliSon. Everyone make mistakes that hurt people. Once an appology is made the issue should be dropped. I am now dropping it.

funny to read this now - heart sinks, heart goes up! Like a roller coaster - bird snatches are the WORST - there's no sign, you know? I'm sure the crow tried - but failed. Hehe. Gotta love that. This is why veileds are mean.

He has definately learned how to show his aggressive side while he was out there. He started flaring his lobes and hissing when I brought him, two behaviors he has never before shown.

Let kids spend a few days on their own and they think they have it all figured out !!

Joe ... grab a bud and enjoy the good things in life, as I am currently doing before I return to the shop and assemble more cages. Speaking solely for myself, if there is a fault in going into the "business" of chameleons, its that the passion for them might numb a little bit. My head has to remind itself daily of how my heart used to feel, and realize that so many others, including most of my customers, might retain a passion that I should envy. Not to fear, as I still work my arse off daily, but the motivation is a bit more varied now.

Best of fortune to all .... especially the newfound badass Lombardi ... and his passionate owner !!

emo-cheers.gif

Heres to wonderful Reptiles! :)

Let kids spend a few days on their own and they think they have it all figured out !!

Joe ... grab a bud and enjoy the good things in life, as I am currently doing before I return to the shop and assemble more cages. Speaking solely for myself, if there is a fault in going into the "business" of chameleons, its that the passion for them might numb a little bit. My head has to remind itself daily of how my heart used to feel, and realize that so many others, including most of my customers, might retain a passion that I should envy. Not to fear, as I still work my arse off daily, but the motivation is a bit more varied now.

Best of fortune to all .... especially the newfound badass Lombardi ... and his passionate owner !!

Thanks Jim...I am enjoying that brew! It was needed after working outside in blazing heat all day. I can't help but envy what you have done for yourself Jim. I have read your interview on Chameleons! Online E-Zine... And your facility and operations seem very impressive. I would love to spend my days working with Chams and raising feeders and what not. People like you keep the hobby moving like it is by providing these wonderful animals for us... it's a dream job if you ask me... What ever faults may come with it. Your passion for these animals is apparent, or you would not be as successful as you are at doing what you are doing.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

LOL...Yeah, this thread has been quite the adventure.

~Joe

LOMBARDI IS BACK!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I AM ECSTATIC!!!!

SLOWFOOT!!! I owe it all to you!!!

When I first started reading this thread I was so sad for you emotionally, especially having just lost my little one and relating to how you must have been feeling. But I am so so happy for you that you were able to get him to come home!

Thanks Slowfoot for the advice you gave to SoCali!

Ha wow what a thread. So glad hes okay!

Gotta agree with Chamgirl.

Eisen, that was just rude and uncalled for, your attitude is usually sour, but that was seriously a low blow, and pretty much one of the more ridiculous things I've read.

In debate we call that a slippery slope. Really, I have no idea how you made the inferential leap, that spending his free time looking for his lost chameleon would somehow lead to starvation in Africa. GTFO with that, seriously.

Instead of posting on this forum you could be donating money to a cause, or volunteering your time if you are so concerned with how other people are allocating their time, and starvation in "Africa" (which is pretty general statement, Africa is a continent not a country, the ENTIRE continent is not starving). This is a CHAMELEON forums, I am shocked you are surprised the people care about CHAMELEONS on the CHAMELEONSFORUMS.

To socali, sorry your thread was turned into a stupid argument because of some strange forum nationalism. I hope you find Lombardi soon, and if you need man power, I am local to you and can offer my help as well as my GFs.

Now that is support! I gotta say its nice to offer your man power, .. but your GF!?? WOW haha :D

LOMBARDI IS BACK!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I AM ECSTATIC!!!!

So great!! :)

Back
Top Bottom