Happy coming home day to Chief!

xraygirl

Established Member
I'm a bit late... Lots of stuff goin' on around here. School is keeping me busy 24/7, I had to have an emergency appendectomy in mid October... Family is stressing me out about the holidays.... Oh no! I forgot to post about Chief's coming home anniversary!!

He came home with me on November 3, 2013. He has filled my heart with so much joy and love for such a little creature that I ended up adopting another chameleon 13 months after I brought Chief home!

About a month aft r bringing Chief home, I noticed some spots appearing on him. Being a newbie and not really knowing how to narrow down a search for "spots" on the forums, I figured it was stuck shed. As the spots got worse, I took him to a "highly reconmended" exotic and reptile vet. This guy charged me $125 to just look at Chief, which he looked at him for maybe a minute, then said it was my husbandry and that he had fungus and to treat it with silvodine. I did for about 6 more months until it got even worse and growths started to appear. Found out that it was either pox or papilloma, so I scheduled him to have a biopsy with a new vet (that does house calls too) at a animal hospital. I took him up there and she biopsied 6 spots, and it came back as papilloma. Got him home and I was so terrified because he busted open a clot several times and was bleeding badly. I felt bad for stressing him by holding him and applying some pressure to stop the bleeding... I was such a nervous wreck that I set up my iPad to do video surveillance on with my phone while I was my clinic all day.

Fast forward to now, he's back to his spunky self. When I had my appendectomy done he wanted to crawl on me and not sit in his window, and he wanted to crawl all over me when I was laying down on the couch suffering from a sinus infection. He's such a little love and a little ham!

He will be 3 years old in the spring. :)

So happy "coming home day" anniversary to my sweet little nugget, Chief! Pictures are from the last two years.

Oh, and the "meme" is from the chameleon groups on Facebook. Flash likes to stare at me from the front of his cage, and does little "huffs" at me to get my attention I guess. So I went to give Flash some attention, and when I opened the door, Flash leaps out and scrambled up my arm... Chief sees Flash, and gets all puffy. Put Flash back in his cage and go back to give Chief attention, and he puffed up and opened his mouth at me like "don't touch me!!!" So a perfect meme was made, lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    464.8 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 158
More pictures from the past 2 years!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    353.3 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 157
Chief is definitely a beauty- so glad to see him doing well. It was a great day for him too, from a deli cup to the life of a king!

Still one of my all time favorite chams on here! Welcome back Chief! At what year will he reach "Master Chief"? :D
He reached that status the day he came home! ;-) ;-)

Chief is definitely a beauty- so glad to see him doing well. It was a great day for him too, from a deli cup to the life of a king!
I try to give him the best because he deserves it so much. He's such a little love and has taught me so much!

Happy Anniversary to you and Chief! He is a gorgeous boy and I hope you have many more happy years together.
Thank you Jann!

Such beauty!
Thank you Matt!

Such a good looking Cham! Here's to a great life with Chief :cool:
I'm hoping for many more with this cool lil red dude ;-)

Back
Top Bottom