Handling

Bioactive does work BUT you need to do your research FIRST and plan. Rushing into it will come back and bite you so like your handling, take time and move slowly.

I strongly second this! I've been researching and planning my bioactive build for about 2 months, and I'm only just starting to gather materials. It'll probably be another 2-3 months before I feel comfortable enough/have the resources to start my build in earnest!

There's a fair bit that can go wrong with a bioactive enclosure, but when done right it's a force to be reckoned with and is beneficial to the animal. Research research research! Lots of great threads on this forum. (y)

Like many of the members here have said here it takes time to gain the trust of a Cham 5 days is not enough more like 5 weeks. Remember you are a big scary beast to them. You will have many years to handle him/her so no need to rush things. If your going to go bio active I would definitely do my research like listening the Bill Strands podcast season 4 just started yesterday April 4th. Check the bio dude here on bio active chameleon setup or would be a good place to start.

couple of things. move slow and deliberate when your in view. also if you place your hand in the cage for anything dont withdrawl when you cham hides or retreats. act like your hand being in there is normal. i just slowly reach in and adjust a plant of check a vine or whatever. my guy went from hiding/ running (if what they do is considered running lol) to now just staying put and watching me. hand feeding is also a great idea. and dont stare at them or make alot of eye contact. if you try hand feeding stare at the bug not the cham. good luck be patient and make your presence seem normal. you may not be able to handle much but your cham will calm down and not retreat over time.

So about getting it to be held and like not be scared of me. You think that I should just like sit on the floor in front of the cage? And it won’t associate me with fear?

yes lingering is a great idea. i sit in front with my kindle or phone so my presence is normal.

So about getting it to be held and like not be scared of me. You think that I should just like sit on the floor in front of the cage? And it won’t associate me with fear?
Well it’s not that simple, yes sitting near or around will help with gaining trust but so will your daily feedings and you routine clean ups. If you have time to sit around that’s great but most of us don’t. Just remember there should be no rush into wanting to hold your Cham you will have many years to come for that. Is your setup on a stand or on the floor if it is I would look into getting something for it to stand on so that your not looked at as a predator. Patients is key!

Well it’s not that simple, yes sitting near or around will help with gaining trust but so will your daily feedings and you routine clean ups. If you have time to sit around that’s great but most of us don’t. Just remember there should be no rush into wanting to hold your Cham you will have many years to come for that. Is your setup on a stand or on the floor if it is I would look into getting something for it to stand on so that your not looked at as a predator. Patients is key!
Ok, thanks. It’s on my nightstand.

Btw. So when feeding it, I try to hand feed first, and if it doesn’t work, I will like just put the cricket in the cage right

Back
Top Bottom