Handling - Ouch!

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
Has anyone else put their cham back in the enclosure just to realize the red marks and small scratches on your arm?

My cham has some awesome grip and it HURTS.

Yup, i only know they are cham related and not a rash due to being groups of 2 and 3. Then later i get brown scabs in groups of 2 and 3 :p

It's funny though because he hangs on my arm like "oh god don't drop me" and squeezes like hell!

He has MBD (ugh still improving. wish it was gone) and it's good that his grip is this awesome

Rebel has a super grip and leaves little scratches and claw marks all over my daughter hand and arm when she holds him. His grip doesn't bother me tho. I never have any scratches or claw marks or any red marks of any kind after holding him. I wonder if that is because my skin is not as sensitive as my daughters....:confused:

Yes, but no worse than a few scratches. To tell the truth my annoying conure tears my arm up worse.

I consider all scars and scratches badges of manli-ness. You are not a man until you have a couple of scars. Its proof of a mans overall awesome-ness and raw power...yeah...that sounds about right.

Pff, and you guys with puny little veileds and panthers are complaining? Try a mighty Meller's! lol My female, when I first got her, tore up Dr. O's arms along with mine, with a little bit of blood and everything. Her nails are huge, and she has a lot of strength in those feet! I even purchased a leather glove to handle her.

By now she's pretty comfortable with me and no longer punctures the skin, thankfully. Just little pressure spots, but no more cuts or holes. My panthers have never really done that either, which is nice.

Pff, and you guys with puny little veileds and panthers are complaining? Try a mighty Meller's! lol My female, when I first got her, tore up Dr. O's arms along with mine, with a little bit of blood and everything. Her nails are huge, and she has a lot of strength in those feet! I even purchased a leather glove to handle her.

By now she's pretty comfortable with me and no longer punctures the skin, thankfully. Just little pressure spots, but no more cuts or holes. My panthers have never really done that either, which is nice.

Mellers? Imagine a PARSONS! That would be INSANE ouch lol.

Chameleons Pfft, Try a 5 year old Green Iguana that decides the best plan of escape is to run up your shoulder and geronimo jump off of your back.

truestory.jpg

Oh gosh that does sound bad ^

What about a huge monitor?!

Or an iguana the size of a couch (saw one last pomona show)!

Been there (such an honor!) done that. Yes they are slow moving blue staple guns. But, melleri are right up there too. They have the biggest hammiest feet. Still, as they aged their claws blunted down a bit. Getting bitten is the worst though.

I guess, in comparison to injured raptors, igs, and monitors it's nothing.

Chameleons Pfft, Try a 5 year old Green Iguana that decides the best plan of escape is to run up your shoulder and geronimo jump off of your back.

truestory.jpg

Oh that reminds me of a huge "friendly" iguana someone handed me at an expo who made a beeline for the top of my head. He may have been begging for a rubdown, but the scalp lacerations and blood dripping through my hair onto my collar wasn't all that fun.

Oh that reminds me of a huge "friendly" iguana someone handed me at an expo who made a beeline for the top of my head. He may have been begging for a rubdown, but the scalp lacerations and blood dripping through my hair onto my collar wasn't all that fun.

What? Try a dinosaur !

Back in my day, I had to walk five miles to school and back, uphill both ways, no shoes, and chameleons biting me the whole way! You whipper snappers have no idea how easy you have it!

:D

Back in my day, I had to walk five miles to school and back, uphill both ways, no shoes, and chameleons biting me the whole way! You whipper snappers have no idea how easy you have it!

:D

Uphill both ways.. I smell something chammy going on around here!

There musta been a helluva lotta chameleons!

I have been bitten, stung, and scratched by alot of animals. I have to say the worst bites were from a 8foot red tail python that tried to make my hand a snack and the goliath bird eating spider that thought I was going to drop it becausemy hand was too small to hold it all. The worst stings would have to be from the jellyfish or angelicaus catfish. And the worst scratches/lashes would have to have been from my old neighbors 6 foot pissed offiguana when he escaped and i tried to coax him back into it outside cage with its owner. I still have scars on my legs.

When I went to California in March, I spent time at a friends home. I love parsons, and happily held his, I would not have cared if any of them left marks on me. All were gentle giants to me, not a mark from any of them! Now their owner showed me the marks they left on him, wow, glad they all liked me.:):)

Last edited:
When I went to California in March, I spent time at a friends home. I love parsons and would not have cared if any of then left marks on me. All were gentle giants to me, not a mark from any of them! Now their owner showed me the marks they left on him, wow, glad they all liked me.:):)

Parsons just look like such sweethearts anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom