Handling chameleon.

Char333p

Avid Member
Just got my chameleon bout 5 days ago. How long should i give him before i start to tame/handle him... i know it shouldnt be done often or for more then a min or two at a time.

But when it comes time to a mass clean of his enclosure id like him to not hesistate bout coming onto my hand. So i can put him in a tree i just got. Specially when hes older. I want him to trust me.

Do they recognize your face? Smell? Voice? After some time.

Yeah I'm sure they recognize you with time, but you can't ever be sure that he won't hate you regardless lol. I wouldn't worry much about it now. Give him time for a few weeks.

I would let him settle in at least 10 days. First try hand feeding him a treat such as a worm to get use to you. Hand feeding him will help gain his trust and see you as a friend. They will recognize you and will sometimes become a little wary if you have a hat on or maybe even a bright colored shirt. They do not hear very well.

I would let him settle in at least 10 days. First try hand feeding him a treat such as a worm to get use to you. Hand feeding him will help gain his trust and see you as a friend. They will recognize you and will sometimes become a little wary if you have a hat on or maybe even a bright colored shirt. They do not hear very well.

Noted! I wear a hat a lot. And wore a birght blue shirt one day and then i realized oh this might be threatening haha... well i have put few worms in a dish n held it close to him. Same concept? Or hand feeding create more a bond?

Yeah I'm sure they recognize you with time, but you can't ever be sure that he won't hate you regardless lol. I wouldn't worry much about it now. Give him time for a few weeks.

I want my pets to LOVE me though :( lol ... well hes never opened his mouth at me yet .. good sign.

Okay thanks for the tips! .... theres this youtube video think its called when a chameleom trusts you. Its so adorable how the chameleon reaches up to his owner to come out

Also im guessing. That if the chameleon comes out more often to bask in actual sunlight or a nice big leafy tree he may be more interested to come out... just guess though

My chameleons do that as well, most Panthers do. They are looking to expand their territory, search for a mate, or another one because the cage sucks and is too low to the ground lol.

They definitely like coming out. Not arguing with that. But they usually want to get where they're going and then be left alone. Like outside

Okay thanks for the tips! .... theres this youtube video think its called when a chameleom trusts you. Its so adorable how the chameleon reaches up to his owner to come out

Also im guessing. That if the chameleon comes out more often to bask in actual sunlight or a nice big leafy tree he may be more interested to come out... just guess though
Omg that YouTube video is so awesome and the guys panther is beautiful! And yes, I think that you should have a tree or special spot to put your Cham when you let them out! :)

Back
Top Bottom