Hand feeding update

hahaha That's funny. I am a little different with mine. If they don't eat whats there then I think of it as they are board so I switch it up.

hahaha That's funny. I am a little different with mine. If they don't eat whats there then I think of it as they are board so I switch it up.
My Ambilobe is being picky with his run cup. Loved it at first. Hates it now. So I guess we're back to free ranging with him. I always try to switch it up as well. But if they refuse the different feeder too Dads not having it!!!

Marvin started eating wax worms out of my hand on the second day! Such a weird feeling having them snatched out of my hand.
Great job and a great first step to becoming his preferred tree... This is how I worked with Beman on trust building. Wax worms were the only feeder he would take a risk and work with me for. lol He got 1 each day when we did our trust building.

I got my girl to eat from my hand using butter worms - they are her absolute favorite -- and their nice and colorful. Now when I open her cage she nearly always crawls out or on me. Took over a year.

I got 250ish silks growing out right now. My boys absolutely love them. Do you mix crickets or roaches in with the silks? I usually feed 5 silks and 5 crickets or roaches.
I have done
I got 250ish silks growing out right now. My boys absolutely love them. Do you mix crickets or roaches in with the silks? I usually feed 5 silks and 5 crickets or roaches.
Yeah, I have tried just about everything even with holding food lol...he is a roachaholic so he eats those first and then runs off lol...he is smarter than I thought :LOL:

Great job and a great first step to becoming his preferred tree... This is how I worked with Beman on trust building. Wax worms were the only feeder he would take a risk and work with me for. lol He got 1 each day when we did our trust building.
Yeah it only took him 15 minutes to eat it out of my hand and 20 ish the day before so we’re making progress!

That's the slow trust building and it can be SLOW. haha Patience is the key and not going back on it. I also found that if you go on a work trip for a week or so that can really stall or revert back the building. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom