Hand Feeding Confusion...

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I was thinking about hand feeding but I realized that, if they shoot their tounge at the bug like 4 inches away, how do you ever get them on your hand?? They’ll just keep shooting form a safe distance away..... how do y’all do it???

My jerry used to eat house flies that would land on me. he didn't like when I held the food though, I think he thought it was mine, I do think they are more comfortable on a stik.

So I was thinking about hand feeding but I realized that, if they shoot their tounge at the bug like 4 inches away, how do you ever get them on your hand?? They’ll just keep shooting form a safe distance away..... how do y’all do it???
I just let Koba climb where ever on me and I hold the food in his line of sight and he goes to town.

I held horn worms and super worms aprox 6-8 inches from her to make her tongue shoot all the way out and for her to realize my hand means no harm.

It’s a long process but it’s worth it in the long run. Say goodbye to hissing and puffing up when you have it trust you with food in your hand

Back
Top Bottom