Hand Feeding Confusion...

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I was thinking about hand feeding but I realized that, if they shoot their tounge at the bug like 4 inches away, how do you ever get them on your hand?? They’ll just keep shooting form a safe distance away..... how do y’all do it???

checklmon

My jerry used to eat house flies that would land on me. he didn't like when I held the food though, I think he thought it was mine, I do think they are more comfortable on a stik.

KobaOregonherper

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I was thinking about hand feeding but I realized that, if they shoot their tounge at the bug like 4 inches away, how do you ever get them on your hand?? They’ll just keep shooting form a safe distance away..... how do y’all do it???
I just let Koba climb where ever on me and I hold the food in his line of sight and he goes to town.

Harley510

Established Member
I held horn worms and super worms aprox 6-8 inches from her to make her tongue shoot all the way out and for her to realize my hand means no harm.

It’s a long process but it’s worth it in the long run. Say goodbye to hissing and puffing up when you have it trust you with food in your hand

Top Bottom