Halogen bulbs banned

lthrbecks

Established Member
I've just heard that the UK plan to ban all halogen bulbs from September. I need heat and light combined for my cam and grasshoppers. What's the alternative

IR. You should still be able to get "chicken bulbs". They could also be called "red brooder". etc. Else i dont know, i dont think the ceramic ones "project".

I think you should still be able to get reptile halogen bulbs from Arcadia and other providers. Here in California, they banned inefficient light bulbs which got rid of all incandescents, halogens, and even some inefficient LEDs. I can't even order them from Amazon. But I can still order halogens and incandescents that have been branded for reptiles from online vendors. As long as it is branded for reptiles, I think they are safe and won't go away. Could definitely be different in the U.K though--you all are a bunch of weirdos over there! ;)

I think you should still be able to get reptile halogen bulbs from Arcadia and other providers. Here in California, they banned inefficient light bulbs which got rid of all incandescents, halogens, and even some inefficient LEDs. I can't even order them from Amazon. But I can still order halogens and incandescents that have been branded for reptiles from online vendors. As long as it is branded for reptiles, I think they are safe and won't go away. Could definitely be different in the U.K though--you all are a bunch of weirdos over there! ;)
Thank you for your message. Regards Weirdo.

Often times these bulbs that have been “ removed” from the market are still available for specific industries, at least for a time. Issue will be the price. With no options, the cost will go up.

Back
Top Bottom