Hades is Dark all the time...

Crewdogg15

Have a power sun 100 watt that is about 6 inches from the top of the catch at a 45 degree angle

Cage is 2 feet tall and about 1 foot and a half wide

fake plants

humidity 85% temperature is about 85 degrees (drops to 70 at night)

Habba mist system (plus my hand sprayer)

diet of crickets (dust them without d2 every other day) (with once every 2 1/2 weeks)

Hades is short of 3 months old. Male panther ambilobe

energetic, eating, etc.

Timer is set to 12 hours light/ 12 hours dark

Location of tank is out of the way on a 3 foot stand

I used a setup like this with Drake who is an 8 month female and she was fine

All you listed seems correct. Some Chams are just like that till they settle in. You have had him about a week now rite?

Give it some time. Both of my Chams were really dark for a while when i first got them.

The Cham in my Avatar looked like this pic for about 2-3 weeks when i first got him. I even raised his temp from 82* to like 86* (thinking he was cold). But he was still pretty dark. Eventually he just stopped being as dark so often.
Chance23rd.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, i just want to be sure he is happy. Whats wierd is that when i take the top of the cage, he gets his colors back (feeding time).

Ok, i just want to be sure he is happy. Whats wierd is that when i take the top of the cage, he gets his colors back (feeding time).

It might just be cryptic coloration in young Chams . I did notice he would always try to hide from me. Moving to the far side of a branch as i moved. Figures being that small , you'd wanna avoid being seen and eaten.

Same with me! I don't understand why! Whenever he is on his cage, he is like a gray and grayish green, then I take him out of his cage, and he will explode with colors, even when I handle him! I don't understand why!

Like others have said, he is still adjusting and and he is young. once he settles in more, he will lighten up more. His colors will come out more as he gets older as well.

Back
Top Bottom