Habitat size 18X18X36....Looking for options

bschifano

I posted a day or two ago about the type of chameleon i should put in my 18X18X36 Repibreeze cage. I don't foresee being able to upgrade in the near future and would like to have this accommodate the cham for its entire life so if anyone has ideas id love to hear what i can choose from :D

well I would rule out a panther and a Veild if that is the largest size cage you can provide. I have a 30 X 18 X 36 and that is only cause my panther spends most of his time in super large outdoor cage or patio free range. He seems rather cramped to me in this size cage, and yours is even smaller. He basically stays in that cage at night and if no one is home.

I have my jackson's chameleon in an 18x18x36 and he seems pretty comfortable and happy in it, though he is not full size yet, only about 10 inches but can grow to about 12. I don't plan on getting a bigger cage for him because i do let him out of it almost every day. Hope this helps!

wasn't considering either one because i know its much too small but i know there are other ones just looking for some direction
-im getting mixed things about Jacksons
-Im hearing about other species that i don't know much about

I too have the reptibreeze 18x18x36 but for my baby vieled who is only about 2-3 inches in length.

wasn't considering either one because i know its much too small but i know there are other ones just looking for some direction
-im getting mixed things about Jacksons
-Im hearing about other species that i don't know much about

im nuts over my veiled, just not sure if its a yemen or "normal" veiled. hoping for the latter.

i think im going to go with a Carpet Chameleon but im also finding these other species that i didn't know about so im picking peoples brains trying to find out what other interesting types are available out there

im nuts over my veiled, just not sure if its a yemen or "normal" veiled. hoping for the latter.

a yemen is a veild as far as I know. So what would be the difference between a normal veild versus a yemen veild???? I think they are one in the same!!!

I posted a day or two ago about the type of chameleon i should put in my 18X18X36 Repibreeze cage. I don't foresee being able to upgrade in the near future and would like to have this accommodate the cham for its entire life so if anyone has ideas id love to hear what i can choose from :D

Hoehnelii have similar care as Jackson and could probably be kept in that enclosure indefinitely

a yemen is a veild as far as I know. So what would be the difference between a normal veild versus a yemen veild???? I think they are one in the same!!!

I know both are veileds but i was wondering about the adult color patterns. A local petland discounts had a 12-14' veiled cham listed as a "YEMEN" veiled and it looked all dark green. could it have been due to stress for being locked up in a 10 gallon fish tank or are those its natural colors, i dont know. I just hope that my little baby boy is more like the veileds that i see on this forum, all nice and multicolored with black dots and beautiful colored dunce caps.

I'm new to the whole veiled chameleon world, including this forum. We've raised turtles, anoles, geckos, birds, etc. I built our cage for Ms Gizmo in a round. It measures 20" dia. by 24" high. So far our chamy is 9" and seems quite comfortable there. However, I can see if she reaches her full size of 18" she will be cramped, so I am planning on building a larger one that is 24" square and 36" high. Good Luck and hope this idea helps you.

I had upgraded to the 18x18x36, when my veiled started to get bigger... Then he KEPT getting bigger- so I ended up going to home depot and buying all the pieces, and a roll of screen, and building a large addition onto the top of it-doubling the size of cage vertically... It's great cause I live in a small place, and I own a lot of crap!!! He is mostly free-range, the only time he is in his cage is when I'm at work-even then- if it's warm enough- I just bring him to work with me!
I'm posting this from my phone ... Can't put pictures up- I'll post one later when I get to work

photos of the new and improved cage[/ATTACH] IMG_3665.jpg

and get out your red and blue 3d glasses!!
IMG_1814.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3681.jpg
    IMG_3681.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 170
bschifano: high casque would love that size cage and are a pretty unique chameleon!

tat hed: i like the upgrade with the two cages. a few recommendations. take the substrate out. more vines going from left to right in the cage (horizontal). i would personally lose the CFL also and buy a linear tube.

Last edited:
so how can i fix my draining issue in my reptibreeze

Buy an adjustable shelving unit that your cage can completely fit on, replace the PVC panel with light diffuser, and cover the light diffuser with aluminum screening so crickets can't escape. Have a shelf about 5-6 inches underneath the one your cage is on and use a plastic storage bin that has the same dimensions as the width and depth of your cage. You can flood your cage with water if it's setup this way, and as long as you empty your water catch regularly you won't have any issues and no standing water in the cage.

for that size of cage you could go with carpets flap necks or even peacocks they have a lovely green glowing color to them.

Buy an adjustable shelving unit that your cage can completely fit on, replace the PVC panel with light diffuser, and cover the light diffuser with aluminum screening so crickets can't escape. Have a shelf about 5-6 inches underneath the one your cage is on and use a plastic storage bin that has the same dimensions as the width and depth of your cage. You can flood your cage with water if it's setup this way, and as long as you empty your water catch regularly you won't have any issues and no standing water in the cage.

Wut is "light diffuser"...i get the rest of it but i don't know wut a light diffuser is

Back
Top Bottom