Habanero hates shedding!

madden

So my bearded dragon and my panther chameleon are both shedding today, very grumpy little guys. Figured I'd share a pic! He's very dark today, not his usual happy greenish, so the shedding skin contrasts really well haha.

Attachments

• IMAG0540.jpg
    IMAG0540.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 150
81.2 degrees is the max its hit today, currently at 79.8, normally he's nowhere near this dark, and the only thing different about today is that he's shedding, I figure he's probably uncomfortable so I'm misting him a bit extra.

He's only 2 months old so I've been being cautious about raising the temps until he's a little bigger

He's only 2 months old so I've been being cautious about raising the temps until he's a little bigger

Well then, Id raise it to about 82 then. While they do get unhappy when shedding, those dark colors make me think hes relaly cold too.

The rest of his enclosure is between 70 and 75, but I adjusted the basking lamp distance a little closer, well see if he likes it! It's been at the same distance since he was teeny, so you're probably right, he could use a little temp boost now

The rest of his enclosure is between 70 and 75, but I adjusted the basking lamp distance a little closer, well see if he likes it! It's been at the same distance since he was teeny, so you're probably right, he could use a little temp boost now

Lemme know how that works for ya!

I keep my babies and my adult females at 82 deg so thats right. Its hard to keep the temps constant during winter months. At least down here it is. One day its in the 40's outside the next day its 65 or so. That can affect your indoor ambient temps which affects the basking temps. Its a constant balancing act to keep things in the proper temp ranges. Good call lowering the lamp. You dont want him getting cold and misting him he could get an upper resp infection. Which is a pita when dealing with babies. Get us some post shed pics. He should start showing more color....;)

Yeah our weather here has been ridiculous, 70 one day last week Or so, then 15 two days later. It's hovering in the 20-30's now, but you're right haha I've had to constantly adjust things to keep the temps where I want them. Now that I think about it, the extra mistings could've been throwing off the temps as well. The probe on his basking spot was ok but the rest of his favorite spots might have been too chilly! I'll get some pics up after he's done and calmer down lol.

Back
Top Bottom