Shedding Antics

Good evening, I just experienced something pretty funny and wanted to share. It’s the first time I’ve been able to personally watch the majority of a shed. My Ambilobe this morning didn’t seem to have his usual appetite. He is maybe 7 months old, and still crawls on the top of his screen most days. However, today he started a little early. While screen crawling, I noticed he was sucking in his stomach intensely, and puffing out, then he would sometimes gape. I started to worry a little, fearing something respiratory. However, after another couple hours, it was clear he was shedding. As he was trying to get his shed off, I noticed the same puffing and gaping behavior, but this time with some annoyed looking head flailing. He seemed so frantic and frustrated with his shed, it actually made me laugh a little.

Has anyone else experienced anything funny, or had unnecessary worry when witnessing a shed? Would love to hear some stories!

Attachments

• B36379BF-67C0-4B76-8CBA-663BFE65EF26.jpeg
    B36379BF-67C0-4B76-8CBA-663BFE65EF26.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 64
Hi and welcome!!! YES! It’s hysterically heart stopping if you don’t know what to expect first time and catch it while happening. Lol
I didn’t get to see it but my husband did, he said I checked him in the morning, he was normal but didn’t want to eat and came out during lunch and he was all white.. got really angry like puffed, gaped, head shook😂 scared the crap outta the hubby. Then he just cracked and started rubbing. Because he was little and green I was calling him the Incredible Hulk all day.
He’s always been a sweet heart so getting all angry is not his nature normally.
Thanks for sharing! 😊

Back
Top Bottom