Guys, I think I'm ready..?!

Daesie11

Chameleon Enthusiast
Today is the first day that I've managed to keep my humidity at 40-50% all day (to be fair, we are in the middle of a blizzard so I am taking that with a grain of salt for now). My fogger came in today which I have on a timer from 12am-4am. My drainage is working wonderfully, no puddles of water sitting anywhere, even after a 4 minute misting session. I have bins set up and ready for my feeders when they come in. I have a blackout curtain to wrap the enclosure in when its lights out at night, to keep any ambient light from bothering his beauty sleep.

All that I'm missing is my actual cham?!
20190410_165346.jpg

Looking good. Is that a quad T5 unit? just make sure the humidity probe is not being sprayed or it will alter your readings. Is 40-50% your daytime levels? What is it hitting at night with the fogging?
What kind of cham are you getting?

Looking good. Is that a quad T5 unit? just make sure the humidity probe is not being sprayed or it will alter your readings. Is 40-50% your daytime levels? What is it hitting at night with the fogging?
What kind of cham are you getting?
My fogger just came in today, so tonight will be my first night with it so I will report back. The fogger has different intensities so I can increase the fog if need be. I have been experimenting with different locations for my probe, and they are all around the 40-50% levels. Yes it is a T5 quad. I have 2 daylight bulbs, one grow bulb, and a uvb in it.
I will be getting a 3 month Male ambibole panther next week :)

My fogger just came in today, so tonight will be my first night with it so I will report back. The fogger has different intensities so I can increase the fog if need be. I have been experimenting with different locations for my probe, and they are all around the 40-50% levels. Yes it is a T5 quad. I have 2 daylight bulbs, one grow bulb, and a uvb in it.
I will be getting a 3 month Male ambibole panther next week :)
Wonderful. So just make sure that the uvb bulb is located in the position closest to your basking lamp. So if your heat lamp is still sitting at the front of the cage you want to have the uvb bulb in the closest position to the front at well. So that when he basks he is getting uvb as well.
I think that is a great range for humidity for daytime levels. At night it can skyrocket so you will be good there. Additionally if you are getting any over spray from misting you can cover one or both sides. This will also help with humidity levels. I got this humidity gauge and I really like it because it gives me highs and lows. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H1R0K68/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I would consider raising your basking fixture off the top a bit just in case he is a roof climber. Best to avoid any thermal burns on the tummy. :)
I bought this and I really like it. I just drilled some holes in it to mount it to the side of the cage. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D1BUJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I actually have mine angled to where the uvb comes down as well.

only other thing I see.. If those are push pins holding the dowels in place make sure they are pushed all the way in so the dowels are secure and do not spin. :)

Wonderful. So just make sure that the uvb bulb is located in the position closest to your basking lamp. So if your heat lamp is still sitting at the front of the cage you want to have the uvb bulb in the closest position to the front at well. So that when he basks he is getting uvb as well.
I think that is a great range for humidity for daytime levels. At night it can skyrocket so you will be good there. Additionally if you are getting any over spray from misting you can cover one or both sides. This will also help with humidity levels. I got this humidity gauge and I really like it because it gives me highs and lows. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H1R0K68/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I would consider raising your basking fixture off the top a bit just in case he is a roof climber. Best to avoid any thermal burns on the tummy. :)
I bought this and I really like it. I just drilled some holes in it to mount it to the side of the cage. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D1BUJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I actually have mine angled to where the uvb comes down as well.
I didnt even think of having the uvb in the closest spots, thank you! I'll make sure that is the case. I have the basking fixture raised up by about 1/4 inch with square wooden dowels, is that enough or should I raise it more?
I have the back and both sides covered with the window insulation kit. I started off with plexi glass and it wasnt doing a great job keeping in the humidity, but this set up works wonders.

I didnt even think of having the uvb in the closest spots, thank you! I'll make sure that is the case. I have the basking fixture raised up by about 1/4 inch with square wooden dowels, is that enough or should I raise it more?
I have the back and both sides covered with the window insulation kit. I started off with plexi glass and it wasnt doing a great job keeping in the humidity, but this set up works wonders.
Your welcome! With the age of the little one you may want to raise it a good 2 inches. retest your basking temp and make sure it is sitting at about 83 at the branch. Where the chams sits above the branch will be 85.
Perfect. Ok I remember some of your other posts now because I had never seen someone think of using that! Was a very good idea. :)

Your welcome! With the age of the little one you may want to raise it a good 2 inches. retest your basking temp and make sure it is sitting at about 83 at the branch. Where the chams sits above the branch will be 85.
Perfect. Ok I remember some of your other posts now because I had never seen someone think of using that! Was a very good idea. :)
I actually stole that idea from the original poster, I wish I had thought of it before buying all that plexi!
I will make those adjustments. I still have a week before it's time to pick up my cham, this is why I started so early!!

I am quite a procrastinator in almost every other aspect in my life, but I started getting ready for my cham over a year in advanced. I think my priorities are in order
Your doing great. Let us know if you have any other questions. We are happy to help :)

looks AWESOME, only thing I might change is where your electrical is, I am super paranoid because I had a fire with an aquarium where I had the power strip underneath in the cabinet and moisture collected on the cord and ran down the cord and dripped into it and started a fire, I would hang the electrical on the wall somewhere or cover it somehow so that the moisture from the misting and the fogger cannot collect and cause issues.

looks AWESOME, only thing I might change is where your electrical is, I am super paranoid because I had a fire with an aquarium where I had the power strip underneath in the cabinet and moisture collected on the cord and ran down the cord and dripped into it and started a fire, I would hang the electrical on the wall somewhere or cover it somehow so that the moisture from the misting and the fogger cannot collect and cause issues.
Yeah, I've been trying to figure out somewhere else to put it also. I'm struggling because some of the cords are only JUST long enough. Might cut a hole in a shoebox and put it in like that???

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out somewhere else to put it also. I'm struggling because some of the cords are only JUST long enough. Might cut a hole in a shoebox and put it in like that???
You can get extension cords that is what I had to do lol. All mine were too short.

You can get extension cords that is what I had to do lol. All mine were too short.
I have an extension cord, but the biggest issue is the heat lamp. The cord only just reaches from the top of the enclosure to that bottom shelf that I have it on. I originally had all the electrical one more shelf down, but the heat lamp cord was too taught when sitting on top of the enclosure.

I have an extension cord, but the biggest issue is the heat lamp. The cord only just reaches from the top of the enclosure to that bottom shelf that I have it on. I originally had all the electrical one more shelf down, but the heat lamp cord was too taught when sitting on top of the enclosure.
So what I mean by extension cord is the 3 prong single or double plug ins that are typically about 6 feet in length. I have to run those from the fixtures to my main plug in bar that is grounded. Both my light fixtures were too short to reach. This allowed me to hide everything in a cabinet below.

So what I mean by extension cord is the 3 prong single or double plug ins that are typically about 6 feet in length. I have to run those from the fixtures to my main plug in bar that is grounded. Both my light fixtures were too short to reach. This allowed me to hide everything in a cabinet below.
Ooooh ok gotcha gotcha. I always thought it wasnt safe to plug an extension cord into another extension cord? Or is that just for the multi ones?

Back
Top Bottom