Gutloading Fruit Flies

Tihshho

Established Member
As the life cycle of fruitflies basically are to mate, lay eggs, feed at larval stage and then pupate to start over, has anyone found a reliable way of gutloading them? I'm currently raising them on Josh's Frogs diet, but wasn't sure if there was a nutritional powder I could coat them with prior to feeding. I've been mixing in fruitfly larvae as well to mix up diets of offspring.

As the life cycle of fruitflies basically are to mate, lay eggs, feed at larval stage and then pupate to start over, has anyone found a reliable way of gutloading them? I'm currently raising them on Josh's Frogs diet, but wasn't sure if there was a nutritional powder I could coat them with prior to feeding. I've been mixing in fruitfly larvae as well to mix up diets of offspring.
Fruit flies can be dusted like any other feeder. As for gutloading, most of the commercial fruit fly mediums contain nutrients, but the fact is that there isn’t much of a gut to load on a fruit fly. I can’t remember where I found an article on this very subject, but it basically said there isn’t any real way to gut load them effectively.

Back
Top Bottom