Guido's new diet a success

In May, when Guido weighed a whopping 250 grams, Dave W. suggested a modification to his diet. SInce then he has been getting fed every other day. And in the past several weeks crickets, silkworms, hornworms, and more vegetables have been added to his diet, on a rotating basis. He had been eating his food of choice, superworms, almost exclusively. We do still dust his food with Miner-all (I).

Well, the guy has lost 25 grams so far, since May (10% of his bodyweight in about 3 months). He is more active, and his pooping is more regular. We aren't starving him either. I offer him his food (generally 1 huge worm) and after he consumes that real good, I offer him more. He generally won't want more. So, he's getting as much as he wants.

I'm not sure what his optimum weight should be, but he still has a very fat casque, fat cheek bads (on his face), chubby legs, slightly bulging eyes, and very thick tail. So, we're going to continue to work on slimming him down a bit at a time. He does look very studly in his present condition, but I'm afraid it may still be a bit unhealthy.

Last edited:
Sounds like Guido is living in a very nice health spa. Is he more active as a result? Increased activity will make him more "regular" too. Do you have any updated pictures of your boy? I'd like to see him. I feel like I've gotten to know him through your posts :)

Yes, he's been more active and more interested in checking out his outer surroundings. He's headed to his bedroom corner already this eveing. I'll get some new photos tomorrow. I am really looking forward to those photos the guys are going to post from Anaheim! Sandy

That sounds great! He really was huge in those pics you posted earlier. Looking forward to hes afterpics.

Can't wait to see some new pics of him! He's pretty damn big in those other pics. Doesn't really look fat, just looks buff.

Well, 3 months and -25g into his diet program, I can see the difference but I don't think it shows in the photos. In person I can see that his cheeks are less swollen, his casque sides are flattening out, and his eyes don't bulge as much and the eye "bilge" is less evident. The rest of him looks as chubby as ever. Chams must be like people, we always lose it in the face first, the hips take FOREVER!

Guido in May, before diet commences. 250g, struttin his buff self (with some shed dangling from the base of his casque).

DSCF4449.JPG

Guido last night, not in the mood for photos. He will normally "pose" for the camera, but he was climbing into his bed at this time (about 6PM).

DSCF4581.JPG

Guido today, still not in the mood for photos.

DSCF4599.JPG

And another shot from later today.

DSCF4602.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom