Guidance please

Are Cham is easily woken and gets very p**sed when woken to 😂 he still a baby I would put it down to the fact he’s tired and it’s probably usually way past his/hers bedtime, I wouldn’t panic untill the morning just keep him in the correct temps tonight he should be fine , I would no feed those big those somethings not right unless it’s a secret plan they have to play dead then escape when there’s a chance 🤣 😂

When I got my dubias for the first time a good few of them played dead but they were all fine when I moved them out into their new home. That’s pretty strange but are the silks good?

When I got my dubias for the first time a good few of them played dead but they were all fine when I moved them out into their new home. That’s pretty strange but are the silks good?
Same story with the silks. No movement last I looked 30 minutes ago. I don't really get it but I'm going to try to forget about it until morning and just pray it's all a fluke. Between googling for hours and talking to you all there doesn't appear to be anything that could have happened unless I left them in scorching/freezing car for extended period which didnt occur. But that also makes this weirder

My dubias also played dead in tote I had them in. I almost threw them away, but when I went to grab them w the tongs they flipped over and started moving around. It was very strange. Try to grab them with tongs.

Same story with the silks. No movement last I looked 30 minutes ago. I don't really get it but I'm going to try to forget about it until morning and just pray it's all a fluke. Between googling for hours and talking to you all there doesn't appear to be anything that could have happened unless I left them in scorching/freezing car for extended period which didnt occur. But that also makes this weirder
I’ve had crickets play dead on me then hop off when I walk away 🤥

My dubias also played dead in tote I had them in. I almost threw them away, but when I went to grab them w the tongs they flipped over and started moving around. It was very strange. Try to grab them with tongs.
Ive had this happen also. You go to pick the "dead" ones out and all of a sudden they scurry away.

@Thesolecontender Hopefully he is active tomorrow morning. Congrats on your chameleon!

I'd just watch a movie tonight or something. I wouldn't make any inferences about your chameleon's health based on the bugs. There is nothing you can do tonight. Watch a good movie to distract your fears. Though I might let your breeder know that the dubias might be dead. That way, you have at least a little bit of a record. Dubias are impossible to kill, so something might be up at his facility.

Again, I'd watch a movie or good tv show to distract myself. Your cham is fine at this point in time.

I'd just watch a movie tonight or something. I wouldn't make any inferences about your chameleon's health based on the bugs. There is nothing you can do tonight. Watch a good movie to distract your fears. Though I might let your breeder know that the dubias might be dead. That way, you have at least a little bit of a record. Dubias are impossible to kill, so something might be up at his facility.

Again, I'd watch a movie or good tv show to distract myself. Your cham is fine at this point in time.

Sent the breeder a picture right when I got home and he said he is just sleeping and that it past his bedtime.
Just got nervous when I saw bugs.

Relaxing for the night but am hopeful after talking to all of you. Sorry for being a freak😂

Appreciate you all in the forum. Will keep you all posted in morning

Relaxing for the night but am hopeful after talking to all of you. Sorry for being a freak😂

Appreciate you all in the forum. Will keep you all posted in morning
I'm glad to hear that you are finally relaxing! And hey, you weren't being a freak--you had/have legitimate concerns.

I'm looking forward to the updates, we are behind you no matter what happens. Enjoy your evening knowing that you have a second family here on the forums. Have a good night.

The chamily
Glasses Favorites GIF by Megan Batoon

I'm not going to name the breeder because I don't think they did anything wrong and I don't want anyone to think badly of them unjustly. They are a trusted breeder and I saw their, facility everything was very healthy.

Could stress have just been to much for this young cham somehow? I so so confused.

I'm going to contact the breeder again shortly and give them update and see what they have to say about situation. I feel horrible but I don't see how I did anything to cause this in such a short time. Is it wrong for me to ask them to replace him?

😭😭😭

Back
Top Bottom