Guess WHAT?

boosh96

I went to the reptile show today, and I just came home with my new bearded pygmy chameleon! I was wondering-how do you tell the gender? I'll try and upload some pictures soon!

I went to the reptile show today, and I just came home with my new bearded pygmy chameleon! I was wondering-how do you tell the gender? I'll try and upload some pictures soon!

Welcome to the forum. You post pictures and we will tell you the sex of your cham.

Females tend to have shorter thinner tails. When you upload pics, we will be able to let you know then. :)

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new family members!

Thanks, everyone! But, I do have a question about it-is it true that I'm probably going to be addicted to keeping chameleons?

Addictive times 10. I have 9 panthers, 3 pygmy's, 2 veiled chams and hoping to add 2 more panthers soon. Have fun with your little buddies! :)

Addictive times 10. I have 9 panthers, 3 pygmy's, 2 veiled chams and hoping to add 2 more panthers soon. Have fun with your little buddies! :)

Ha ha I am a addict too lol Number(s) 6 and 7 will be arriving Tuesday, another hair pulling day for me. I hate waiting for the UPS man lol:D

I fed him after school, and he just ate a dozen fruit flies! How long should I wait until I feed him again?

Boosh welcome :) You will find Chams will eat what they need and walk away. If you are feeding crickets, remember to take any uneaten out of enclosure, especially if you have a young cham as crickets can pack a nasty Bite !!

So what's the best way to keep the humidity up?

Humidify your room with a human cool mist humidifier keep it low and you will be fine unless you room is huge! ALso I leave orange halves in my enclosures for the pesky crickets and the cham won’t get eaten. Do u have a dig hydro/ temp reader?

Here's another question-did any of you act overprotective/obsessed with your first chameleon? I ask this because I am sort of acting that way! Seriously, I won't let my dog within 6 feet of him, I boil his water and dechlorinate it to keep away anything that might hurt him, and I won't even let anyone run near his cage! Am I being overprotective of him? How do I make sure he's drinking enough? By the way, we settled on a name for him-his new name is Paul.

I have yet another question-how can I tell if he's stressed or relaxed? I want to be totally sure that he's as stress-free as possible!

yes chams are very addicting and welcome to the site!!!. I got 2 panthers an ambilobe and blue bar ambanja. 2 male veileds, 1 adorable male oustalate, 1 adorable male fischer and 1 female flap neck cham. come the first I will be adding two female fischers and 2 female veileds to the pack!!! my oustalate loves eating pygmies!!!

agreed with Allen. and Boosh, another way to keep humidity up is to add more plants to the enclosure. humidity will stay higher, longer

So, what level of experience do you need if you want to keep, say, a Cameroon sailfin/four-horned chameleon?

I'm looking to get a Jackson's chameleon for my birthday in several months-is that a good second chameleon?

Congrats on ur new cham! Your already addicted once you get one...happens to us all :) when to feed him again will depend on how old he/she is. I would try and find a good care sheet, that will outline how much to feed for certain ages. Post up some pics! GOOD LUCK!

Back
Top Bottom