Guess what happened at the New Jersey Reptile Expo ??

Jay Sick

Avid Member
Hey everyone the craziest thing happened last weekend at the April 7th New Jersey Reptile Expo in Teaneck at the Teaneck Armory. 3,600 people walked through the door and the show was a great success. Contrary to what every vendor and Hobbyist said the show went amazingly and everyone who doubted my drive to promote that show and the owner for investing what he did. We are sorry to inform all the doubters that you were wrong. i spent 6 months on the phone and out at shows and all i got was rebuttal as to the 100 dollar pet shop permit that's good for a year and the fact that it was in NJ.

I'm not saying this to toot my own horn im saying this because when people doubt me it drives me ten million times harder. I can't explain the nightmare it was trying to convince people to do this show and now they are beating down the door for the next one. I also want to greatly thank the limited number of people that were extremely helpful and did take the first time chance with us and were very supportive. People like Steve from Leaping Leeches, Allen from Reptile Kingdom, Max pet for being on board since day one and the others that came along for the ride. I still shake at night from the anxiety of this show but i just think about what that beautiful line of people around the building looked like and it all goes away. THANK YOU JOE owner of the route 4 aquarium for having the brass to fund and take on this monster and for giving me the Job of a lifetime.

For a while i was losing faith in promotion work in music and what not but Joe lit a raging fire in me and forced me to have purpose and fight for what i knew i could accomplish. Thank you Big time Joe.

That's great! Do you think there could be enough interest to hold one closer to South Jersey? If there were reptile shows closer to my house, I'd go every time.

Big ups for this one. I know these expos are probably not affiliated to each other but I went to the Long Island one, the one in Teaneck, and the one in Parsipanny. My two nephews got a crested gecko each, my girlfriend got an ornate frog and a crested gecko, and I just window shopped (I own a panther chameleon already =P). But keep organizing these shows and I'll keep showing up. Props to you again.

Well that is an interesting take on your show....I attended both the Teaneck one and the Parsipanny one and I have to say I think your view is slightly skewed.
Personally I have been going to the White Plains show for years and all though neither show was as large or had the amount of vendors the teaneck show seemed disorganized and run by newbies that wanted to fill space (and for some reason kept blank tables all over the place). Now the Parsipanny show was crowded (not because of amount of people or vendors perse but because of lack of space which they may want to consider if they are having another show) I talked to a vendor that was at both shows and has been in thie biz for some years who confirmed this.

The open tables were last minute cancellations and in reality yes it's the first show so obviously every one was a newbie CAPTAIN OBVIOUS . So i assume with your judgement that means you stayed from open to close ? Saw the whole show ? counted the people and saw the lines around the door ??

and also we are 36,oo square feet bigger than White plains but like in any situation there is always some Jack A** that has something to say but please do me a favor and remember this. Opinions are like A****LES EVERY ONES GOT EM AND THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE MOST ARE THE BIGGEST ONES

I attended the LongIsland show (that is where I got my panther) and will probably attend the White Plains show in July. Any chance you will be up in white plains in the next few months

My wife and I almost attended that show on the 7th, but we had already gone to the show in parsippany on the 6th so we passed on it :).

I will be at the show in white plains NY this coming sunday though :)

Congrats on the shows success Jay. Hope to attend the next one and be a vendor when I have chameleons available.

Back
Top Bottom