Grumpy Jackson

Mattmoo360

Hi guys,

I think my Jackson hates me :LOL::unsure:

At the start he used to climb on my hands and come out from his enclosure.

Now he won't come near me, he opens and closes his mouth constantly and sometimes vibrates in one spot for like for just 1second (if that makes sense).

I wonder am I doing anything wrong to annoy the little fella. I don't grab him because I don't agree with doing that, I let reptiles come to me instead. They aren't like dogs or cats - I believe when they're ready they can make the move :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG-20181025-WA0032.jpeg
    IMG-20181025-WA0032.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 99
Are you rewarding him in some way for being social? Does coming to you mean he gets to climb on a real tree in the house or have some special treat bug he likes to eat (superworms?) or something? Are there animals or fast moving kids around?

Edit: Also sometimes they need a little encouragement. Some gentle poking or stroking on the hind legs and tail can get him moving. You don't want him to be rewarded by resisting your advances as that only increases territorial behavior. From what I've read, often just getting them out of their territory is the important part and then they calm down quick.

Hi guys,

I think my Jackson hates me :LOL::unsure:

At the start he used to climb on my hands and come out from his enclosure.

Now he won't come near me, he opens and closes his mouth constantly and sometimes vibrates in one spot for like for just 1second (if that makes sense).

I wonder am I doing anything wrong to annoy the little fella. I don't grab him because I don't agree with doing that, I let reptiles come to me instead. They aren't like dogs or cats - I believe when they're ready they can make the move :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He could have wanted out of his enclosure and now that he’s settled in, doesn’t want to move, maybe. Handfeeding will really build trust with him

Back
Top Bottom