Grrrr My Reptisun Bulb Burned out!!!...

Amanda S

I got this thing July 7th and it just burned out! Is that normal? All I have near my house is a horrible Petco and I'd like to order a replacement online but my chameleon probably can't go that long without a strip light, can she?

I got this thing July 7th and it just burned out! Is that normal? All I have near my house is a horrible Petco and I'd like to order a replacement online but my chameleon probably can't go that long without a strip light, can she?

They can go a couple of weeks without a UVB bulb. I would get one ASAP but you should be fine ordering one online. Just make sure there is a basking bulb.

EDIT: If you can provide outside time that would be helpful while you arewaiting for the light. Also this has happened to me a couple of times :(

if you're really worried about it and can't take him outside as stated above, maybe give him an extra little dose of d3 to get him through

if its the UV tube bulb, take it back and make them replace it. your supposed to replace them every 6mo-year. they will still work after that for a very long time(they just don't put out UVB any longer). I've never actually seen one that quit working before it hit the UVB expiration.

If its the little basking bulb, I'd say your lucky it lasted that long...they're crap. don't waste your money, buy a regular house bulb(40 or 60 watt)

Back
Top Bottom