Growth On Skin

listen2justin

Established Member
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male Panther, 10-11 months old. Has been in my care since 3-4 months old.
  • Handling - Occasional. Once or twice every 2 weeks, average.
  • Feeding - Feeding Dubias, Superworms, Black Soldier Flies, Hornworms, and Phoenix Worms. 5 Dubias and Superworms at a time. 7-10 Phoenix worms at a time. BSFL when they are available. Hornworms 1-2 as treats. Feeding is every other day. Gut loaded with mixture sold by my home reptile shop.
  • Supplements - Repashy Calcium Plus dusted on the Dubias and Superworms until almost ghost white.
  • Watering - I have a Mistking set up. Misting schedule: 8AM for 4 minute, 12PM for 8 minutes, 330PM for 1.5 minutes, and 6PM for 1.5 minutes.
  • Fecal Description - Brown to dark brown/black poop. Urates visible but range in size and color from white to slight orange shade. Never been tested for parasites.
  • History - Purchased from Kammers at a reptile show in January.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage with glass doors. 60 x 26 x 21 livable space.
  • Lighting - Quad fixture from lightyourreptiles.com with 1 Acacia 12% and a plant bulb. Lights on at 6am and off at 7pm.
  • Temperature - 93 degrees at the basking spot and down to mid 70s. Lowest overnight temp is currently 75 degrees. Measure with digital thermometer and AC thermostat is set to 75 to 78 degrees.
  • Humidity - Average 70-80 degrees. Maintained by Mistking schedule. Measured by digital Hygrometer.
  • Plants - I use live plants. 1 Pothos, 1 Croton, 2 Bromeliads
  • Placement - Cage is in living room. Top of the cage is at 80 inches.
  • Location - Anaheim, CA

Current Problem - I found a bump right behind Cham's left front leg about 1-2mm in diameter. It's white and looks like a pimple. Not soft or wet, but pretty hard. There might also be a second smaller one also on his left side closer to his left hind leg. Can anyone identify what it is? Do I need to be extremely worried? What caused it and what do I do? PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance!

*will upload pics shortly*

Here are pics. HELP ME PLEASE!

Attachments

• IMG_2697.JPG
    IMG_2697.JPG
    316.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_2698.JPG
    IMG_2698.JPG
    353.8 KB · Views: 908
  • IMG_2699.JPG
    IMG_2699.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2700.JPG
    IMG_2700.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_2701.JPG
    IMG_2701.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 263
My Cham has these too! Just little raised hard/dry spots. Have u found any other useful info?

My Cham has these too! Just little raised hard/dry spots. Have u found any other useful info?
Yes! that's exactly the best description for what's on his skin! i reached out to the Kammers and asked what they thought. Ed said it looked minor but he said get professional input. So i'm gonna call a vet and get info. i'll keep you posted when i find something out. i really hope it's not that serious!:unsure:

Yes! that's exactly the best description for what's on his skin! i reached out to the Kammers and asked what they thought. Ed said it looked minor but he said get professional input. So i'm gonna call a vet and get info. i'll keep you posted when i find something out. i really hope it's not that serious!:unsure:
Okay! Please do! I'll be on the lookout

Okay! Please do! I'll be on the lookout
Just got back from the vet. She said it's nothing serious. She examined him and said his behavior was great and he looked great physically other than the spots. She said it could be a cut that got infected or bug bites. she gave me antibiotics for give him.

@ahood, if your guy is acting normal and no change in behavior that's a good sign. i had a recent rise in bugs on my live plants so i think that's what caused my problem. i'd go to vet just to be safe and so you can at least get antibiotics.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male Panther, 10-11 months old. Has been in my care since 3-4 months old.
  • Handling - Occasional. Once or twice every 2 weeks, average.
  • Feeding - Feeding Dubias, Superworms, Black Soldier Flies, Hornworms, and Phoenix Worms. 5 Dubias and Superworms at a time. 7-10 Phoenix worms at a time. BSFL when they are available. Hornworms 1-2 as treats. Feeding is every other day. Gut loaded with mixture sold by my home reptile shop.
  • Supplements - Repashy Calcium Plus dusted on the Dubias and Superworms until almost ghost white.
  • Watering - I have a Mistking set up. Misting schedule: 8AM for 4 minute, 12PM for 8 minutes, 330PM for 1.5 minutes, and 6PM for 1.5 minutes.
  • Fecal Description - Brown to dark brown/black poop. Urates visible but range in size and color from white to slight orange shade. Never been tested for parasites.
  • History - Purchased from Kammers at a reptile show in January.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage with glass doors. 60 x 26 x 21 livable space.
  • Lighting - Quad fixture from lightyourreptiles.com with 1 Acacia 12% and a plant bulb. Lights on at 6am and off at 7pm.
  • Temperature - 93 degrees at the basking spot and down to mid 70s. Lowest overnight temp is currently 75 degrees. Measure with digital thermometer and AC thermostat is set to 75 to 78 degrees.
  • Humidity - Average 70-80 degrees. Maintained by Mistking schedule. Measured by digital Hygrometer.
  • Plants - I use live plants. 1 Pothos, 1 Croton, 2 Bromeliads
  • Placement - Cage is in living room. Top of the cage is at 80 inches.
  • Location - Anaheim, CA

Current Problem - I found a bump right behind Cham's left front leg about 1-2mm in diameter. It's white and looks like a pimple. Not soft or wet, but pretty hard. There might also be a second smaller one also on his left side closer to his left hind leg. Can anyone identify what it is? Do I need to be extremely worried? What caused it and what do I do? PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance!

*will upload pics shortly*
Did you find out what they are? Did they go away? I bought my Chameleon from Kammers as well and the same thing is happening to my chameleon as well.

Back
Top Bottom