Growth on Chameleon

NDO

In lieu of all vet closings, here is my post...if the picture is difficult to see, the growth seems like a grey mass protruding directly out of the skin. This came after he just recently shed. There is only one and it has grown significantly in the past 2 weeks. unnamed.jpg

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - 2.5 year panther
  • Handling - Never
  • Feeding - Crickets every other day (every 2 days now), hornworms/dubia/etc. when I can get my hands on them
  • Supplements - Repticalcium every feeding, reptivite and calcium w/ D3 every 2 weeks rotating
  • Watering - Misting system
  • Fecal Description - Normal, not tested
  • History - The chameleon that was previously in this cage died abruptly with no explanation from the vet. I just transferred this chameleon to the cage and about 1 month later he is exhibiting this growth. I sanitized HEAVILY before transferring him.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Dragon strand 4ft
  • Lighting - Fluorescent light for heating, tube UV
  • Temperature - 75-95
  • Humidity - Appropriate
  • Plants - Yes, pothos and Schefflera
  • Placement - On platform by a window - he often stays by the window to take in the sun
  • Location - IL

Might be a papilloma.
What happened to the other chameleon? How did it die?
My other chameleon was completely fine and one day he was just sitting under the basking light all day with his eyes closed. Afterward, he became super weak such that he could not even hold himself....2 days later he died.

In lieu of all vet closings, here is my post...if the picture is difficult to see, the growth seems like a grey mass protruding directly out of the skin. This came after he just recently shed. There is only one and it has grown significantly in the past 2 weeks. View attachment 260890

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - 2.5 year panther
  • Handling - Never
  • Feeding - Crickets every other day (every 2 days now), hornworms/dubia/etc. when I can get my hands on them
  • Supplements - Repticalcium every feeding, reptivite and calcium w/ D3 every 2 weeks rotating
  • Watering - Misting system
  • Fecal Description - Normal, not tested
  • History - The chameleon that was previously in this cage died abruptly with no explanation from the vet. I just transferred this chameleon to the cage and about 1 month later he is exhibiting this growth. I sanitized HEAVILY before transferring him.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Dragon strand 4ft
  • Lighting - Fluorescent light for heating, tube UV
  • Temperature - 75-95
  • Humidity - Appropriate
  • Plants - Yes, pothos and Schefflera
  • Placement - On platform by a window - he often stays by the window to take in the sun
  • Location - IL
Did you find out what it is?

Back
Top Bottom