Grow lights

Use a 6500k fluorescent tube as it doesn't put out any additional heat and adds a nice color lighting to the cage.

Use a 6500k fluorescent tube as it doesn't put out any additional heat and adds a nice color lighting to the cage.

You can use this in addition to the UVB and basking lights? I'm about to start setting up my first enclosure and want to keep live plants.

i found a 24 inch 2 tube fixture at my home depot,
2 grow lights included and it was like $50 bux.
i have that an my 4ft by 2foot by 4 foot veiled enclosure
along with a 36 inch "light your reptiles" fixture.
hope that keeps my hibiscus going...

My husband grows plants for a living - he told me to just buy a bunch and switch them out every time I clean the cage - of course we get a discount on plants and not on lighting.

I use a 6500k CFL on some cages (different watts HO, but none of them high watt), and a small tube plant light on others.

I actually like the cfl best, as I can position it direct over the plant that needs light, without taking up too much of the cage top (space is at a premium with the grow light, basking lamp, uvb tube, dripper - need to leave ventilation space too)

you may find this blog informative: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/344-lighting-plants.html

Jungle Dawn now makes a pretty nice grow compact socket LED.

They also come in a few different sizes ( largest being a 20" unit)

Jungle Dawn now makes a pretty nice grow compact socket LED.

They also come in a few different sizes ( largest being a 20" unit)

Mr. JonRich,
You sure are on top of things!:)

The Jungle Dawn® LED Grow and Glow Lights were just released this week---- and sold out in 24 hours! :eek:

Hence....
that is why none made it to the classified ads on this forum this time around!:eek:
& I totally apologize, guys.

but more are being made and available in a few weeks. thnx.
(so this will save me on emails and pms. ;):rolleyes: thank you!)

Attachments

• jd grow and glow 1.jpg
    jd grow and glow 1.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 175
anynopne have a link yo the 6500k lights? is it cheaper to buy at home depot vs any other lights?

Back
Top Bottom