Ground Potted Plant of Choice?

froggysan

Going to be sprucing up my female Veiled's enclosure very shortly and am planning to put in some live greenery this time.

I want this plant to be potted on the ground (bottom) of the enclosure sort of situated in a corner -- not looking for a hanging plant.

Any suggestions? I've been doing a little reading and found lists of safe/recommended plants... but I can't quite decide which one.

I was sort of leaning toward a Dracaena fragrans (AKA Corn Plant)...

Your thoughts?

Corn Plant is good, for Chameleons that are not to big to destroy the leaves, (crush them down) Smaller Chams I have like Fichers and Jacksons love to sleep on the wide leaves.
Id also try Shelefera (spelling:confused:) they have many varieties and offer great long branches for perching, climbing, and sleeping on. + there are many different size variations of this plant, to fit your needs. I like the fact that they are a very water porous plant which also puts out decent local humidity.

As far as plants with alot of branch support for climbing goes, you can't go wrong with Shefflera, Ficus, and Hibiscus.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/plants/
I'd say the rest of those plants on the list are simply fillers. Good for adding humidity and coverage, but not so great for climbing and supporting.

Like titan said though, alot of those plants will support the weight of your little guy, but not for long. I believe you got a veiled? Correct me if my assumption was wrong, please.

Back
Top Bottom