Greetings...

Kamo7s

I think I finally found somewhere I might be able to get some information. I'm VERY new to the reptile/lizard scene. Heck I don't even have one that's how new I am. So please be gentle. :D

I saw the cutest chameleon on an episode of Jeff Corwin Unleashed. The Brookesia Minima (Minute Leaf Chameleon). I've always wanted an unusual pet and think I've found the one I've been looking for. I don't do snakes and don't have the space for a really large habitat for the larger species of chameleon.

I've been doing a lot of reading, but haven't been able to find an importer or breeder... I'm hoping to find that information and more here.

Looking forward to getting started. See you around.

Thanks! Those are some of the sites I've been reading. I did not see the flchams.com site though, that one is new. Checking it out right now.

Welcome aboard. To answer your question, it is doubtful you will be able to find any Brookesia minima in the US. Although specimens of that species may be mistakenly ID'ed and imported, there appear to only be four species of Brookesia that will be allowed for export in 2008. Only 200 specimens each of B. stumpffi and B. superciliaris and 100 each of B. therezeini and B. thieli are the quotas for 2008 Brookesia leaving Madagascar for the worldwide pet trade. There's actually someone selling B. stumpffi and B. therezeini on kingsnake.com right now.

Back
Top Bottom