Greenhouse feedback please

WayneL333

Hi everyone, so my cham obsession is full blown crazy now. I've been seriously considering in buying a Parsons and I want to be able to house it correctly. Living near the beach in SoCal, I think it's perfect for a parsons temperature wise. It hardly ever gets lower than 50 in the winter and rarely gets into the 90's during summer. My only real limitation is that I have a tiny back yard. That is why I'm opting for the 4'x6' greenhouse. I was thinking about trying to partition it into halves to house a male and female.

What are your thoughts on this greenhouse?

http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Or...Id=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.UKchcny9KK1

In watching the video, the acrylic panels slide out easily so I plan on replacing the roof panels with Solacryl to allow for UVB penetration. I will install a RO misting and drip system. I also will plan for temperature control system too.

Do you think this greenhouse will do? Is it too small? Any foreseeable issues? Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated!

You can probably build your own for a portion of that price and you can customize it...but it looks cool...my cage for my male sambava is 6ft tall by 3ft wide which is almost as big as that just shy of a foot which now i think i should have thrown in that extra foot...and my cage cost me no more than 150 dollars to make...

I wish I could but I'm not that handy. I would probably end up spending 5 times as much if I tried to build it myself. Plus I would go crazy buying all kinds of tools for the project which I would only probably use just once.

I figure I'm paying $400 for a prefab aluminum frame which is really all I want. I know myself; I will definitely be saving money in the long run.

Hi everyone, so my cham obsession is full blown crazy now. I've been seriously considering in buying a Parsons and I want to be able to house it correctly. Living near the beach in SoCal, I think it's perfect for a parsons temperature wise. It hardly ever gets lower than 50 in the winter and rarely gets into the 90's during summer. My only real limitation is that I have a tiny back yard. That is why I'm opting for the 4'x6' greenhouse. I was thinking about trying to partition it into halves to house a male and female.

What are your thoughts on this greenhouse?

http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Or...Id=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.UKchcny9KK1

In watching the video, the acrylic panels slide out easily so I plan on replacing the roof panels with Solacryl to allow for UVB penetration. I will install a RO misting and drip system. I also will plan for temperature control system too.

Do you think this greenhouse will do? Is it too small? Any foreseeable issues? Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated!

If your outside temps. are in the 45-85 range then you really don't need a greenhouse. You can build a large enclosure and not have to worry about over heating them in a glass box.

If your outside temps. are in the 45-85 range then you really don't need a greenhouse. You can build a large enclosure and not have to worry about over heating them in a glass box.

Well, it's more for maintaining a high humidity.

I believe Todnedo is right. Because you live in pretty much the perfect climate you could nix the greenhouse. For your rare colder days you could bring them inside. To maintain a high humidity you could heavily plant the enclosure and use a mist system. I wish I had that option but I'd have chameleonsickles!;)

Back
Top Bottom