green mouth

deerhunter

Avid Member
Hi everyone I have a 4month old male panther and the inside of his mouth is green is this normal? He is healthy ineveryway I can see, have never heard of this before. thanks

Parandrus

Is it green or more of a yellowish hue like a faded highlighter color? I ask you because it is normal for some chameleons to have a yellow color to the oral mucosa and lips. Sometimes the color can appear greenish but it is more yellow. If it is bright green, then please send me/post some pics of it as I am very curious. If it is a yellow-type color then I wouldn't worry as long as the chameleon is acting fine. In most cases this yellow color disappears with time but some do retain it throughout life.

Ivan

lele

Avid Member
here is a a photo of Cyrus' mouth (Nosy Be panther) that I recently took because he had bit his tongue. It shows the yellow color. He is 1.5 years old.

deerhunter

Avid Member
Thanks everyone, Lele your pic is great I remember reading that about cyrus's tongue assuming all is well. It the same color as yours no need to worry, I have never seen this before it struck me a little odd.

kinyonga

Chameleon Enthusiast
Different species of chameleons have different colors inside the mouth. Some even change as they get older.

lele

Avid Member
Thanks everyone, Lele your pic is great I remember reading that about cyrus's tongue assuming all is well. It the same color as yours no need to worry, I have never seen this before it struck me a little odd.
Thanks, yes, he healed up in a couple days and went back to eating. The first time I saw the inside of his mouth I was surprised. I had had a veiled before and here's was more pinkish/gray as I recall. It's not very pretty in there! lol!

Glad yours is just a normal color and he doesn't have a problem.

Top Bottom