green mouth

deerhunter

Avid Member
Hi everyone I have a 4month old male panther and the inside of his mouth is green is this normal? He is healthy ineveryway I can see, have never heard of this before. thanks

Is it green or more of a yellowish hue like a faded highlighter color? I ask you because it is normal for some chameleons to have a yellow color to the oral mucosa and lips. Sometimes the color can appear greenish but it is more yellow. If it is bright green, then please send me/post some pics of it as I am very curious. If it is a yellow-type color then I wouldn't worry as long as the chameleon is acting fine. In most cases this yellow color disappears with time but some do retain it throughout life.

Ivan

here is a a photo of Cyrus' mouth (Nosy Be panther) that I recently took because he had bit his tongue. It shows the yellow color. He is 1.5 years old.

582840328_7d9b926190.jpg

Thanks everyone, Lele your pic is great I remember reading that about cyrus's tongue assuming all is well. It the same color as yours no need to worry, I have never seen this before it struck me a little odd.

Different species of chameleons have different colors inside the mouth. Some even change as they get older.

Thanks everyone, Lele your pic is great I remember reading that about cyrus's tongue assuming all is well. It the same color as yours no need to worry, I have never seen this before it struck me a little odd.

Thanks, yes, he healed up in a couple days and went back to eating. The first time I saw the inside of his mouth I was surprised. I had had a veiled before and here's was more pinkish/gray as I recall. It's not very pretty in there! lol!

Glad yours is just a normal color and he doesn't have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom