Great news update

VeiledOwner87

i brought kiwi to the vets this morning to get an x-ray done. the vet came in the room and said they looked great, all that showed up was stomach. Kiwi has successfully and safely laid all of her eggs. at this point there were 40, but i will be cleaning her cage today and putting in fresh new river rocks, so i find the rest i will let you guys know. i fed her 2 hornworms and a silkworm today and from tomorrow on will be her regular feeding schedual (every two days), i have a concern though, she couldn't grip the hornworm with her tounge, it was like it wasn't sticky enough, she did however, get the silk just fine. she has been eating and drinking the last 3 days as well. 5 well dusted crickets thursday, 10 well dusted crickets yesterday and 2 hornworms and a silkworm today. should i be worried right now? or only if it continues?

i will post the last x-ray when my vet e-mails it to me, but for now heres my beautiful girl.

IMG_8621.jpg

IMG_8559.jpg

IMG_8607.jpg

and heres one of tom lookin bashful
IMG_8610.jpg

i have more of kiwi but those are gonna be saved for the contests ;)

thanks guys, but this is an infertle clutch.

im kind of worried though, this is to those with good education in chameleons.
the x-rays showed nothing, but i could not find a single egg anywhere. i just spent the last 4 hours fully cleaning my cages as well, and putting in fresh riverbed rocks.

is there a possibility she could have quickly obsorbed or whatever the rest of the eggs? :(

It's possible there weren't any eggs left in her in that second x-ray we saw. If you just x-rayed her again and the vet didn't see anything, then there must not have been anything. Maybe the white things we saw in the last x-ray were just... whatever, but not eggs? If you can post the new x-rays we would love to see them for comparison.

Back
Top Bottom