Gravid ?

I find their behaviors so interesting. If you ever get a chance can you take a picture of it sleeping upside down? Sometime, their color while sleeping can also give clues.

I find their behaviors so interesting. If you ever get a chance can you take a picture of it sleeping upside down? Sometime, their color while sleeping can also give clues.
I will! She is a bright green when sleeping. She is adorable when she sleeps. It’s the only time I feel loved by her lol

Great! Tat is what you want.
So, where did you get her from? The reason I ask is how did she get gravid if no male. I'm just nosey.. :)

Great! Tat is what you want.
So, where did you get her from? The reason I ask is how did she get gravid if no male. I'm just nosey.. :)
I got her upside down!!!! But I got her from a pet plus in Knoxville,tn they said she is 3 years old. And Jackson’s can retain sperm for over a year. Eeekkk!

Attachments

• CCFD1931-5B45-4BA2-8D8E-6B7EB8BCECFF.jpeg
    CCFD1931-5B45-4BA2-8D8E-6B7EB8BCECFF.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 66
Nice picture- She is looking good and that upside down is different than what I thought.. I was thinking like a bat.. ha ha
Keep up the great work! Don't forget those baby pics when it happens. (y)

Nice picture- She is looking good and that upside down is different than what I thought.. I was thinking like a bat.. ha ha
Keep up the great work! Don't forget those baby pics when it happens. (y)
Absolutely I will keep you posted!!!! And that would be awesome if she slept like a bat lol!!

So it happened!! Omg!!!! What everyone said was completely true. Today she was more active than ever she climbed down to the very bottom of the enclosure drop some eggs Climbed back up and before I knew it, babies everywhere. I work remote so I been watching and waiting every time I take a break which is often but this happened quickly lol. Babies are in their bin, mom ate earlier and is doing great. We have a total of 13 babies and 5 infertile eggs. I cannot believe she had all those inside of her! Next step? Keep everyone alive ❤️❤️❤️ I appreciate everyone’s advice and help. This is a great platform! I couldn’t thank you all enough! Now take some of these babies when they grow up lol
7DCE4760-0A64-40D4-892E-5E99D47F52A5.jpeg
294DA5EF-5D61-4482-8222-802E1ED2B50F.jpeg
5EEBFBF8-0F1D-4645-B7AF-65BEABA989E0.jpeg
7981B27E-37C0-489E-9912-0082B1B7B40A.jpeg
F2045320-582C-4B0B-8C50-D1052DB700B2.jpeg
B4BE6F37-2184-4291-9FD6-2A02B3F41CE9.jpeg
ED23251D-63AA-47B5-B085-E5AEE1EAD405.jpeg

Congratulations!!!
Now the fun begins..
Although I have raised Jackson babies including my 2 year old Rhino, others have way more experience and should chime in shortly..
So happy!!!!

Congratulations!!!
Now the fun begins..
Although I have raised Jackson babies including my 2 year old Rhino, others have way more experience and should chime in shortly..
So happy!!!!
Thank you!! Are they easy to keep alive? Lol i heard it is tough. I’m anxious but optimistic!

Your in the right state of mind. Good Job!
Here is Rhino. Can you guess why? lol
Enjoy!

Attachments

• PXL_20201209_210032253 (2).jpg
    PXL_20201209_210032253 (2).jpg
    222 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Congratulations! Good job on being prepared.
They won't eat for a day or two usually but you can try offering them fruit flies to start. Then you will need to offer fruit flies twice a day for the first week or weeks and then introduce pinheads as they grow bigger. They won't need a basking bulb for a few months as the heat from the UVB is enough to start.

Congratulations! Good job on being prepared.
They won't eat for a day or two usually but you can try offering them fruit flies to start. Then you will need to offer fruit flies twice a day for the first week or weeks and then introduce pinheads as they grow bigger. They won't need a basking bulb for a few months as the heat from the UVB is enough to start.
Okay great!!! I did all that! Nice to know I’m on the right track!

Back
Top Bottom